Ripoff report .com What to do??

RDLightning01

Young Svt Poster
Established Member
Long story short, Bought some outdrives for my personal boat on ebay. I arranged shipping since i got a freight deal. Shipping company sent him the bill by mistake.
I was in contact with shipping company and seller. I was in the process of getting bill reversed and the seller got impatient. Wrote on ripoff report that me personally and my business were scam artists. I had the bill reversed but now everytime you google my business it comes up ripoff report.
Of course the seller himself cant even take the post down and ripoff report refuses even though what he said was false. Losing a lot of business over a 200 dollar freight bill that had nothing to do with my business in any way.
What are my choices?

Regulars520

Established Member
Long story short, Bought some outdrives for my personal boat on ebay. I arranged shipping since i got a freight deal. Shipping company sent him the bill by mistake.
I was in contact with shipping company and seller. I was in the process of getting bill reversed and the seller got impatient. Wrote on ripoff report that me personally and my business were scam artists. I had the bill reversed but now everytime you google my business it comes up ripoff report.
Of course the seller himself cant even take the post down and ripoff report refuses even though what he said was false. Losing a lot of business over a 200 dollar freight bill that had nothing to do with my business in any way.
What are my choices?

He just handed you his lunch money. Grab a lawyer, prove that the deal was legit and file for damages against him or them. Google search about people posting legit complaints on there and they still get sued and LOSE. Maybe sid will chime in some .02 here, he is a lawyer, not sure what field he specializes in but might have some insight.

el jefe 302

Making all kinds of gainz
Established Member
Well i'm no lawyer... but i'm sure you have some legal recourse, if the report is false. Contact a lawyer and have them send a C&D letter.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
ive seen where the business can reply, can you reply? I would think you should be able to and then he could post again saying its resolved blah blah blah

he cant take it down, can he edit it?

RDLightning01

Young Svt Poster
Established Member
We haves files lawsuit towards the seller for defamation of character. Seller has even went on there saying we resolved it and apologized. But that doesn't take it off. Google my business name and first thing that pops up is ripoff report. Scam artists. You have to go on the page and read paragraphs before you even find out it's been taken care of

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Sounds like you're already on it. If possible you'll probably want to claim ripoff report as a defendant as well if they won't remove the erroneous information.

Users who are viewing this thread