Road and Track times indicate manual GT500 faster than manual Hellcat

whiteGT

Established Member
The December/January Road and Track magazine shows the manual Hellcat 0-60 in 3.9 sec and the quarter mile in 12.0 sec at 124.8 as part of their Performance Car of The Year candidates testing while their magazine tested a GT500 in a prior issue (can see times in current issue list of all vehicles tested at back pages of magazine) 0-60 in 3.5 sec and 11.7 at 128.1 quarter mile. Yes, the magazine wars continue until the first gt500 vs Hellcat video is posted on youtube! Great time to be a car guy!

ThomasL

Established Member
This has kind of been the elephant in the room with the Hellcat. They weren't shouting any manual times from the mountain top like the auto. Still curious to see more manual times roll in especially from customers.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The automatic Hellcat will, more than likely, be faster.

delvek

Established Member
The automatic Hellcat will, more than likely, be faster.

The Hellcat reminds me of a great toy when I was a kid ... sit and spin.

sit-n-spin.jpg

whiteGT

Established Member
If you watch this video where an auto Hellcat does the standing mile while speed, time, and rpm show in the video, the times are about the same. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BZOcxQQC2M I agree auto should be slightly faster, but no bragging rights until a same time same place race between the two and a gt500 takes place.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
No real surprise, the auto hellcat will be hard to beat at the 1/4 mile, but the manual hellcat will be a hole different story. I wonder what clutch dodge put in the hellcat?

delvek

Established Member
11.2 on street tires in a controlled environment. I wouldnt hold your breathe for these times to be replicated by owners....

SVT-PWR

Established Member
This seems to be a holy war (pun intended), trinity vs hellcat, good vs evil. I can't wait to see a good side by side comparison.
PS I love the sit and spin comment (so many angles) lol.

delvek

Established Member
This car is going to be the most overrated turd to hit the market. Props to Fiat / Dodge for PR success.

These guys try over and over and over, even get a Dodge SRT rep to drive it, cant duplicate numbers.

http://youtu.be/pE-mB028nGc

I think its funny how each time the excitement lessens and lessens until they realize, its not going to get it.

When the rep gets in around 4.30 mark and then after his run at 5.00 mark, the excuses just barrel in.

Finally ending with, "we will let you (the customer) show us how its done" ... wtf?

Imagine what happens when Johnny Customer gets it out at the local stop light, lmao.

I cant wait to roast one of these on the road, the face of the Fatcat owner will be priceless.

Last edited:

svt1111

Established Member
I believe this test was done on a non-prepped air strip runway.

The other times are slightly off the pace too.

Best to wait until these cars start showing up at tracks with real drivers (probably about a 25% chance of both those things even happening at the same time, lol) before the chest pounding commences. By all accounts I think the Shelby will be a hair faster than the manual and probably run within a fender of the auto version stock/stock.

These are truly times to remember for HP, we are very lucky!

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
against a manual hellcat/ avg owner you have a good shot of beating him as long as you have a good handle on your snake, but an auto one is trouble. (stock for stock)

Mombo

Established Member
Numbers

Dodge Built The Hellcat To Match The GT500 But It Does Not Beat It At Anything :-D

Road And Track

2015 Hellcat
0-60 3.9 / 1/4 Mile 12.0 @ 124.8 MPH
------------------------------------
0-60 3.5 / 1/4 Mile 11.7 @ 128.1 MPH
2013 GT500

Motortrend

2015 Hellcat
0-60 3.7 / 1/4 Mile 11.7 @ 125.3 MPH
------------------------------------
0-60 3.5 / 1/4 Mile 11.6 @ 125.7 MPH
2013 GT500

Car And Driver

2015 Hellcat
0-60 3.6 / 1/4 Mile 11.7 @ 126 MPH
----------------------------------
0-60 3.5 / 1/4 Mile 11.8 @ 125 MPH
2013 GT500

Stock For Stock The Hellcat Is Close But Again The GT500 Is A Little Quicker Thru The Standing Mile :coolman:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6OS9De8cfI

2015 Hellcat
173.8 MPH @ 30.1 SEC
----------------------
174.7 MPH @ 29.7 SEC
2013 GT500

I still love the hellcat just not as much as a trinity gt500.

You And Me Both The Trinity Is Still My Fav And They Both Make 114 BHP Per Liter 662 From 5.8 707 From 6.2:read:

Last edited:

delvek

Established Member
against a manual hellcat/ avg owner you have a good shot of beating him as long as you have a good handle on your snake, but an auto one is trouble. (stock for stock)

Worse post of the year, total BS with no evidence to substantiate.

The Hellcat is going to be a huge disappointment to owners who think they can just pull up to a light, punch it when it turns green and decimate all in its path. It just wont. The only decimation will be its rear tires.

Users who are viewing this thread