Road debris issues

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Anyone else have issues in your city? For ****s sake Las Vegas has got to be the worst. Last August I got a bolt, screw and some kind of industrial strength staple in the back drivers side tire of my Stang. Got a brand new set of rear tires. In February of this year a rock hit my windshield and cracked it 6 inches, had to get a new one. Last month in my wife’s car a rock hit the windshield on the freeway and put a star shaped knock in it, got the silicone filling in it. Last Friday something punctured my wife’s front drivers side tire and it came out, it was completely flat and I had to put the sealant in it to get it to the tire center so it couldn’t be repaired. Now I just got a nail in the rear drivers side tire in the Stang. For ****s sake, there are only 3000 miles on those back tires. Looks like a regular screw or nail so it should be repairable...will find out tomorrow. All of these issues took place in different parts of town, so it’s not like I can avoid a certain area. It’s ridiculous. FML just really annoying. This town has so many ****nuts it’s not funny.

Ok, done being a crybaby. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Coiled03

Established Member
Just speculating here, but there's always....ALWAYS....construction going on in Vegas, and usually in multiple places. Debris from job sites spreads pretty easily. Might have something to do with all the stuff on the roads?

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Just speculating here, but there's always....ALWAYS....construction going on in Vegas, and usually in multiple places. Debris from job sites spreads pretty easily. Might have something to do with all the stuff on the roads?

Yeah, no doubt. But the frequency is ridiculous. And you should see these dumbasses. I’ve seen rakes, ladders, shovels, palms, tree limbs all flying around. It’s crazy.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I have had much better luck than you but I still carry road hazard on my tires and towing and glass on my cars

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Damn, kinda crazy with all the nails.

They’re working on the interstate here and I know people that have to drive it a lot and they’re getting a new windshield every couple months

MFE

Established Member
Phoenix says "hold my beer". Where every on-ramp is covered in paint from unsecured buckets, where every commute might have e goddamned ladder in the center lane, where lawn equipment on the road is a regular occurrence...

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Phoenix says "hold my beer". Where every on-ramp is covered in paint from unsecured buckets, where every commute might have e goddamned ladder in the center lane, where lawn equipment on the road is a regular occurrence...

Last time I was down there a dust devil crossed the highway and I saw a wrench flying through the air. Totally forgot about that.

_Snake_

Established Member

When was the last time an alligator caused an auto accident in Phoenix? Lol

C’mon man! This is FLORIDA I’m talking about.

CV355

_
Established Member
I never noticed much of a problem with road debris until I moved to SC. Holy crap.

My first week in SC, I was driving behind some hillbilly in a rusted pickup with no tailgate, leaving a good distance like I always do. He hit a bump in the road, I saw crap fall out of the bed, and I hit my brakes. Thankfully only my front two tires were punctured instead of all 4. Moron had roofing nails strewn about, and he kept driving.

I also get sick of the landscaping companies with their open trailers, along with dumptrucks without covers. Every intersection is like the surface of the moon in this area, so they drive over the craters, bump around, and now the intersection is filled with rocks, mulch, crusher run, gravel, etc. It's great when you're on a motorcycle.

The worst, which I no longer have to deal with, is flea market day in Pickens. It's one of the largest flea markets in the country, and good God the people that go there make the mutants in The Hills Have Eyes look normal. The amount of crap that falls off the Clampit's pickup truck is beyond belief. I ran over a mattress one time on Rt178 that fell out of a truck two vehicles ahead. Another time, someone's trailer hitch let go, the trailer nosedived, spun, and threw old furniture around on Rt183. Slobs. When I worked up that way, Wednesdays were atrocious.

nxhappy

Established Member
CA has some of the shittiest roads lol. ****ing random shit flying around everywhere.

Mentos

Earn this
Established Member
Yes, seems like it’s getting worse here in SC. More people more trash. Road construction doesn’t help...

I20 through Richland and Lexington county can be rough sometimes. A couple months back a random traffic cone was in the road. The truck in front of me kicked it up into my front bumper then wedged under my FOST. It made a helluva sound as dragged it to the next exit. I dodge debris daily due to long commute.

Gotta be alert out there!

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
The worst I've seen down here is landscape trucks on the highway/anywhere really that don't tie down their trash/plants/tree debris.

Seen a few palm fronds fly out of a truck and get stuck in peoples grilles.

I live in a new construction neighborhood, and my neighbor across from me has been gracious enough to have his cars get the nails instead of our vehicles.

Think between him and his wife, they've gotten 6 out of 8 tires with nails in them since November of last year. lol

CV355

_
Established Member
Think between him and his wife, they've gotten 6 out of 8 tires with nails in them since November of last year. lol

Back when I had my Speed Triple R, I lived in a sardine neighborhood. They started building a house in the vacant lot across from us right around the time we listed our house for sale. I picked up 5 screws in my rear tire on that Triumph rolling out of my driveway. I went over to demand to speak with the foreman, but none of the builders spoke English. I tried my hand at butchering their language, and they just got angry and drove off. So, I went out with a magnet, picked up everything I could, and chucked it down where they drove their trucks in each morning. Slobs.

They also had a nasty habit of throwing their trash down wherever, which often blew into our yard.

traktrbeam

Oh Noes!
Established Member
Premium Member
I've seen and barely avoided a 6 foot ladder in the fast lane of the Suncoast Parkway. People normally drive 75-85 MPH on this road. Oh, and I have also seen a horse tethered by the bridle to something in the OPEN bed of a Ford pickup.

Users who are viewing this thread