Road Noise

Walk2Much

Established Member
Road noise is pretty bad in my '09. I can hear just about every rock that hits the fender wells and hear the tire drone pretty well. What have ppl been doing besides turning up the radio? I was thinking about just hush matting the truck, rather than doing the whole inside of the car.

Blackmax

Established Member
I run DR's on the street and they really bring up the rocks, the upper and lower control arms transmit the road sounds from my stiff lowered suspension.My aluminum driveshaft sends all kinds of noise through the Steeda shifter and of course my 373 gears whine like crazy. add the blower whine and Dynotech longtubes through highflow cats and its awesome. :banana:

03reptile

Established Member
I had a 2007 GT500 (very similar to yours) and I put Dynamat sound deadening in the trunk area, overtop the wheel arches and spare tire-well area. I also removed the back seats (top and bottom) and put it on the areas near the rear wheels. It made a SUBSTANTIAL noise difference and really quieted the interior. A little expensive, but well worth it to me. My 2011 doesn't seem to have that issue so I guess Ford addressed your noise issue due to customer complaints. Try it, I think you will be satisfied.

Last edited:

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
It's expensive and adds weight but if your not worried about saving every last pound u will be ok and quite happy with the results

cluscher

Established Member
I had a 2007 GT500 (very similar to yours) and I put Dynamat sound deadening in the trunk area, overtop the wheel arches and spare tire-well area. I also removed the back seats (top and bottom) and put it on the areas near the rear wheels. It made a SUBSTANTIAL noise difference and really quieted the interior. A little expensive, but well worth it to me. My 2011 doesn't seem to have that issue so I guess Ford addressed your noise issue due to customer complaints. Try it, I think you will be satisfied.

How much are we talkin if you don't mind me asking?

Walk2Much

Established Member
It's expensive and adds weight but if your not worried about saving every last pound u will be ok and quite happy with the results

I'm not worried about the weight. This car is just going to be pretty much a daily driver. Cost is the only thing that concerns me, I know dynomat and hush mat can be pricey.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Go to teamshelby.com, I replied to a thread with info recently (same user name as here) http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/65858-sound-deadening-material/ . You need more than sound damping to kill road noise- that first layer dynamat is only designed to minimize vibrations. You need a closed cell foam and vinyl barrier on top of that if you want to kill road noise. Don't simply add dynamat or multiple layers of it and think you are good to go...there's a specific approach you should take if you want it really quiet inside. Of course, it gets expensive. I've spent over $500 but I wanted it quiet inside my car.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread