road race style pan

Lumpydogs

Established Member
My new steel Canton pan doesn't leak at all. It just sits there in the box waiting for someone to install it. :pepper:

p.s. I blame Jimmy for my new $500 oil pan insurance policy. I hate when people are right and all you can do is take their advice :cuss: But it's way better than the expensive "I told you so" when you don't take their advice. :D

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
We just got my car off the lift, and it looks like the leak was the plug on the pass side (not the drain plug). It was weeping a bit from there, so we sealed it on the outside. I don't even know what that plug is for. :shrug:

And good news about my engine. I had started feeling the vibration in the instructor session at Summit Point, and parked it for the day. I had visions of needing to rebuild something, and wasn't looking forward to funding that.

It turns out the cross brace we made from the stock vert brace to fit under my canton pan had gotten smashed up and was vibrating against the pan. Gee, I wonder how that happened?

It's gone and everything's fine....for the street. I need to come up with a better brace for the track.
I have a few ideas. :idea:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
My new steel Canton pan doesn't leak at all. It just sits there in the box waiting for someone to install it. :pepper:

p.s. I blame Jimmy for my new $500 oil pan insurance policy. I hate when people are right and all you can do is take their advice :cuss: But it's way better than the expensive "I told you so" when you don't take their advice. :D

:-D---->:beer:

MFE

Established Member
We just got my car off the lift, and it looks like the leak was the plug on the pass side (not the drain plug). It was weeping a bit from there, so we sealed it on the outside. I don't even know what that plug is for. :shrug:

Probably a receiver for an oil-temp gauge probe.

As for leaking drain plugs, I agree, the copper washers are useless. Just pick up pack of nylon ones at the parts store, problem solved.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Probably a receiver for an oil-temp gauge probe.

As for leaking drain plugs, I agree, the copper washers are useless. Just pick up pack of nylon ones at the parts store, problem solved.

I'm going to try that. The amount of torque required to stop the copper ones from leaking makes me nervous.:dw:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Hey guys I've read this whole thread, and have been to there website, I need the part number for 98 Cobra canton pan w/ windage tray. There are two different ones on the website and I want to make sure I get the right one. I would also like the steel one.. thanks

Lumpydogs

Established Member
Just call Frank at Canton and tell him what you want. You can order over the phone or on-line afterwards. He's a good guy. 203-481-9460 :-D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread