Road Racing a 01 Cobra. What I have, What I need.

JTStreet

SID297 Approved
Established Member
hey bud, saw your car at Charleston perf. good luck with the build.

Thanks! Is your car the white GT that was in there before? Make sure you come by on Saturday for the open house! Pending no disasters or bad luck, we should be putting it on the rollers for a dyno tune. :)

SlowSVT

Established Member
A torque biasing posi carrier like a Torson T2-R over the "light switch" Eaton Track-loc would be a nice addition.

definitely add brake cooling ducts your gunna need them.

White01Snake

Shake and Bake!
Established Member
What class are you planning on racing? I would look into what class you may consider racing in and see what all is allowed. Maybe I missed it but what kind of tires are you going to race? Do you have a roll bar? Race seats and harnesses? Safety gear??

JTStreet

SID297 Approved
Established Member
What class are you planning on racing? I would look into what class you may consider racing in and see what all is allowed. Maybe I missed it but what kind of tires are you going to race? Do you have a roll bar? Race seats and harnesses? Safety gear??

Strictly HPDE for the time being. No wheel to wheel quite yet.

White01Snake

Shake and Bake!
Established Member
I would look into some different brake pads. If you do use the hps pads make sure you take a extra set of pads with you. For strictly hpde for now I wouldn't spend much more money on the car than you already have. Spend your money on track time. But at a minimum I would suggest different pads, brake fluid and a good set of street tires if you're just starting hpde's. Have fun

Users who are viewing this thread