Road & Track - Performance Car of the Year

Which will win the award.. (note fastest lap does not mean winner)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Big aero and big breaks really helps at your local track.
Really surprised the Viper only beat the Z by a little over a tenth of a second. In the hands of pros, I would expect that margin to grow to more than a second.

Reread the article, it was in the hands of the editors in other words average guys.
Theres a portion that says Chris Winkler (ACR engineer) was doing 135mph during a corner, in the same corner the editor would instead brake and be doing 110mph.

I'm also not sure if the ACR's brakes are bigger than the P1, 918 or C7Z. Surprised the C7Z didnt overheat.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
They said they saw scary temps from the GT350R and the C7Z.
I saw the part where they said the ACR was the only car that "felt like it could keep on lapping hour after hour".

That is bad ass. I PM'd Ben about this car awhile back. Glad he is getting in on the action. I am too... eventually... when Forza 6 has a car pack including the ACR!!
:lol:

JD03Cobra

Who's your Daddy!
Established Member
Sorry GT350 would not be my top choice unless money was the deciding factor. Never did like how they compare these types of cars...

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
The C7Z is growing on me though, just not at $81k, at $70k I would consider it.

Give me this in red:
landscape-1445358786-092415-pcoty-0343.jpg

scn

Established Member
Reread the article, it was in the hands of the editors in other words average guys.
Theres a portion that says Chris Winkler (ACR engineer) was doing 135mph during a corner, in the same corner the editor would instead brake and be doing 110mph.

I'm also not sure if the ACR's brakes are bigger than the P1, 918 or C7Z. Surprised the C7Z didnt overheat.
I understand that Chris was faster and that the time was set by the magazine testers. That's why I said "in the hands of pros" the ACR should widen the gap. That means put Chris in the ACR and Jim Mero in the vette.
As for brakes, yeah, all the cars have huge breaks. The ACR compliments those breaks with big aero. At L.S, that combo is king.

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
Congratulations to Ford. GT350 beat the AMG! America kind of dominated the rest of the world.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I understand that Chris was faster and that the time was set by the magazine testers. That's why I said "in the hands of pros" the ACR should widen the gap. That means put Chris in the ACR and Jim Mero in the vette.
As for brakes, yeah, all the cars have huge breaks. The ACR compliments those breaks with big aero. At L.S, that combo is king.
The vette would still lose. :poke:

betiwin

Established Member
Man hopefully the 350R's come more available in a year. Wouldn't mind getting one. Just not into playing into the dealers hands with over MSRP. I won't even buy at MSRP. Hopefully in 18-20 months they will be easier to get ahold of. The wing on the R I like, the Viper tho, no way I couldn't drive that. I'll take the .1 second slower for a more normal looking ride. For a track car tho you can't beat 1700lbs of downforce. I don't live at the Track tho.

8gtoklr

Established Member
Is there a reason for why the Hellcat was not in this mix?

nautical vessels don't belong lol.

The ACR i am sure is great but i am 100% it will be shit on the city streets. i think the call was correct though...the price point of the GT350 has to put it up top for the performance and driveability

Users who are viewing this thread