Road & Track - Performance Car of the Year

Which will win the award.. (note fastest lap does not mean winner)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kaz109

Established Member
Yeah, at 3900 it is, but its not like those other cars substantially lighter.

U serious??? Not like they are substantially lighter? Lol....yes, yes they ALL are substantially lighter than 4900lbs

99BOSS

Established Member
I wanted to vote Viper ACR but went with the 488 Ferrari instead because I think it will be revolutionary overall and its Road and Track, Ferrari can do no wrong in their eyes. That said, I'll bet the ACR does run everyone else off the track portion though.

HandBanana

Established Member
Porsche or AMG because...Euro-loving magazine.

The AMG won the MT test, yes, this is Road & Track. The GT350R, the 488 and the Viper were not part of that test.

scn

Established Member
I'm going to go out on a limb and say ACR. It would be a great send off for the car and the One of One program lets you get an ACR with an upgraded interior. That's unheard of for track spec cars.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Settle down francis

anyone calls me francis. ill kill em.

Porsche or AMG because...Euro-loving magazine.

The AMG won the MT test, yes, this is Road & Track. The GT350R, the 488 and the Viper were not part of that test.

good point. i voted hastily before really reading lol. id have to change my vote to either the GT350R or the Caymen.

earl lee

Established Member
Viper ACR came in 2nd. Im shocked though, I thought it was going to be the cayman without a doubt. It prolly would have been if Porsche didnt neuter that car with dumb gearing. The 1st 2 gears can get the car up to like 80+ so you dont get to enjoy what a manual brings to the table.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
GT350R should be bargain performance car of the year.

The overall performance winner should be a no-brianer. Lets just say it beat a couple of million dollar cars at Laguna seca by over 1 sec. :eek:

scn

Established Member
GT350R should be bargain performance car of the year.

The overall performance winner should be a no-brianer. Lets just say it beat a couple of million dollar cars at Laguna seca by over 1 sec. :eek:
Big aero and big breaks really helps at your local track.
Really surprised the Viper only beat the Z by a little over a tenth of a second. In the hands of pros, I would expect that margin to grow to more than a second.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread