Road trip in the Cobra

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Just finished a business trip in the Cobra up to Atlanta, then onto SC to visit family. about 1800 miles worth. Lord the folks in the south love these cars. I stayed at a nice hotel downtown Atlanta, The Georgian Terrace I think was the name. Anyway, my car has been driven daily since I bought it exactly three years ago. 27K miles so I dont mind the valet parking it. I pulled into the hotel on my second day right behind a Corvette, a C6, so it was new. The two valet guys were fighting over who was gonna park my car, leaving the vette guy standing there. Funny $hit. Most of the rest of the trip was uneventful. I got stopped in a small town in SC. Cop stopped me to look at the car. Heading back to FL, there was one stretch of I-95 in Ga that was empty, hadnt seen a cop for 100 miles, so I decided to stretch its legs a little. I dropped it into 4th doing about 80, and sprinted up to about 125, and bam, there he sat, hiding behind some trees, a GA state trooper. I knew I was busted. Slowed down to 70, and he never pulled out. Speed limit the rest of the way home. Only saw two 03/04's the enitre time. A black conv. and a silver soupe. Both in SC.

EatonMe

03snake said:
Only saw two 03/04's the enitre time. A black conv. and a silver soupe. Both in SC.

Where did you see the silver one? Might have been mine, but I doubt it as my car was only on the road for 2-3 days this past two weeks.

jpk

Established Member
Nice story. I remember getting treatment like that when the Cobras were new in the 90's. These days the Cobras are so common around Seattle that no one gives them a second look. Everyone is too into the '05 now. Folks in the South still love the real muscle cars!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice trip and some fond memories for sure. I never minded taking mine on a distance trip. Went from CT to PA two or three times. NH twice. New Jersey a couple of time. Nothing major, but still fun experiences behind the wheel of a pretty powerful (at that time) Cobra. Heck, even my wife liked our trips. Unless I stretched her legs. Then she'd freak out. LOL!

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
my dad was really surprised at how comfortable of a ride the cobra had on our 550 mile trip from lubbock to houston. cruising in these cars is just a fun experience

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Joshua said:
Where did you see the silver one? Might have been mine, but I doubt it as my car was only on the road for 2-3 days this past two weeks.

I-95 btwn Sumter and the GA. border.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
LTHL VNM said:
my dad was really surprised at how comfortable of a ride the cobra had on our 550 mile trip from lubbock to houston. cruising in these cars is just a fun experience
Except for our Infiniti QX4, my wife says the Cobra was the most comfortable car to drive long distances in of any of the 16 cars we've had. :beer:

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
LTHL VNM said:

+1

I drove mine from Dallas to Houston and back and just had a blast... The passing power is insane and I still can't get enough of the blower whine when dropping it into 3rd and watching everyone fade....

I'm hooked.

Users who are viewing this thread