Rob issue after new FRPP

phayze

Established Member
So I've swapped my clutch out and put a new FRPP TOB and its still chattering. Looking to swap everything out down there so I won't have to think about it again.

So so far I have order MM adjustable clutch cable, new retainer sleeve, another tob and a pilot bearing. Would I need a new fork and pivot ball? And what's the deal with the weight in the clutch fork, is it necessary?

Car has 140k is just bolt ons and McLeod Street Extreme. More than likely everything was stock before I swapped clutch

hotcobra03

Established Member
Did you just slap it on without new flywheel or resurface?

If so it might chatter for a few miles...

I just did mine@365k (oem clutch)without touching flywheel...it chattered for about 1000 miles than it got smooth where I can release pedal without throttle and no chatter..

I did a new fork..old 1 was beaten to death on that weight. .

some have removed that weight without issue's

phayze

Established Member
New flywheel too. I've been reading about people's chattering for a while then go. Clutch pedal also feels crunchy. It's a new OEM cable

Retainer sleeve seemed a bit worn, but I didn't think anything of it.

Last edited:

hotcobra03

Established Member
New flywheel too. I've been reading about people's chattering for a while then go. Clutch pedal also feels crunchy. It's a new OEM cable

Did you oil cable?

I had super hard pedal after..after snapping a couple cables I searched and seen video on how to oil new cable before install. .

omg pedal went from rock hard to push with fingers..

I just used wd40 with cable in hand..in car guess un hook from fork and unhook from firewall and you can oil cable..

search said when cable gets bent it causes friction between cable and casing sharp edging

Last edited:

Stage 4.6

Established Member

I always thought that the chatter is caused by the clutch (type and material). Ive had issues with my clutch pedal feeling crunchy or gritty as my local tuner calls it, but its caused by the TOB. I have swapped my TOB 2x, its getting very frustrating cause that gritty crunchy feeling is back even after installing the Lethal performance sleeve?

phayze

Established Member
I'm just bought a sleeve during Black Friday. Should probably try a new tob too since it isn't so much. But I have yet to do the wd40 trick

Stage 4.6

Established Member
I do the WD-40 on all my cables, but i think i am going to try the oil tip next time

Users who are viewing this thread