Rolex, Tag, or other watch?

charged98cobra

Legal gru
Established Member
My fiance's birthday is coming up. I know that she really likes nice watches. My mother has a Tag with dimonds where the markers are supposed to be. She is trying to get me to buy my fiance a watch with a dimond bezel that is a tag. I know there are many pretty luxury watches out there, but I don't think any of them have the international name recognition as a Rolex would. Money is not an issue here, just want her to have a nice watch.

Which would you choose and why?

Ladies Presidential 18k gold Rolex with dimond bezel

Stainless tag with dimond bezel

Or other watch?

HIGDON

Keeping The Red In
Established Member
What ever happened to a card and a nice dinner out on the town follwed by, well you know.

All kidding aside I am partial to TAG watches. I have a Fomula and absolutely love it. Can't give you a true reason why to pick one of those watches over the other, guess based on looks it's up to you, what fits her personality best. I'm just not a big fan of Rolex, not for quality, just personal preference.

djc

Professional Nerd
Established Member
costco has a boat load of nice watches and much cheaper prices.

check them out.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
If you want a "virtually" indestructible and beautiful watch, may I suggest the RADO:

L10745361.jpg

OR

OR

97_1.JPG

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
^ Nice watches.

Bet they are spendy!

Not too bad. You can get the diamond jubile for about $2700. The great thing about it is that the crystal is scratch "proof" and the band is ceramic. By ceramic I mean "run it up against a stucco wall with no scratches".

I've had a Jubile for almost 3 years now and it looks as good as new. The best watch I've ever owned. :beer:

LogiWorld123

Established Member
I buy Fossil watches because they are cheap enough to replace when I smash em up.

ThrottleJunkie

God Bless Silicone
Established Member
I'm partial to Omgea myself. I have a Planet Ocean Chrono and I love it. Quality and customer service is unparalleled. If I remember correctly, a lifetime warranty. Not sure as I've never had a problem with it. Stunning in real life. I believe they offer the same model in ladies.

My little guy:

Last edited:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
^^ those are nice. I've always liked Movado for womens watches. Tag does make some sweet watches. For mens, I really like that new golf watch with the rubber band. Never looked at the women's Tags.

vertcobra99

dacube
Established Member
I have a rolex gmt master 2 and a Breitling Chronographe chronometre. The Breitling is by far my favorite watch... I just love it.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
Michelle makes some very nice diamond bezel watches.

I have a black Rolex SS submariner that I really like, but Im not too big a fan of their ladies collection.

Users who are viewing this thread