Rolex, Tag, or other watch?

Stevenbekah

Cobra bitten
Established Member
My fiance's birthday is coming up. I know that she really likes nice watches. My mother has a Tag with dimonds where the markers are supposed to be. She is trying to get me to buy my fiance a watch with a dimond bezel that is a tag. I know there are many pretty luxury watches out there, but I don't think any of them have the international name recognition as a Rolex would. Money is not an issue here, just want her to have a nice watch.

Which would you choose and why?

Ladies Presidential 18k gold Rolex with dimond bezel

Stainless tag with dimond bezel

Or other watch?

I have and prefer the Rolex. I would check out the new rose gold...very sharp, it's one I've been looking at for myself lately and would love to get it.

BAFRAID

VERY AFRAID
Established Member
Didn't read everyone else's posts, but if it hasn't been suggested, BREITLING. Breitling makes some absolutely beautiful watches (men's and women's) and they're some of the best made watches in the world.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
How about a big watch that can be USED as a dildo

I never really understood why some people drop the cash they do on somethign like a watch.

a lot of people don't understand why we would drop $1200 on a set of ceramic coated headers.

Watches certainly make a statement, and some people just like to enjoy the best. If they can afford it, who cares.

HotRodK

Gone to the Dark Side
Established Member
Because its not a watch, its a timepiece. A watch is stamped out in Japan, a timepiece is Swiss made and hand assembled.

My wife and I each have a Rolex. I also have a Concord, Tag, and a Movado. She also has a Baume & Mercier, Tissot, and ESQ.
I guess we like all of our timepieces.:beer:

Leeroy697

Established Member
Didn't read everyone else's posts, but if it hasn't been suggested, BREITLING. Breitling makes some absolutely beautiful watches (men's and women's) and they're some of the best made watches in the world.

I agree I have one and it is my favorite watch. I also have a Rolex. I think every watch guy should have at least one Rolex but there are a lot of other nice watches out there. Just go to a nice watch store and start looking. It might take you a couple hours but you will find something you like.

Misfitflesh

Established Member
Not too bad. You can get the diamond jubile for about $2700. The great thing about it is that the crystal is scratch "proof" and the band is ceramic. By ceramic I mean "run it up against a stucco wall with no scratches".

I've had a Jubile for almost 3 years now and it looks as good as new. The best watch I've ever owned. :beer:

:xpl: I hope you're a female wearing a watch like that.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
My fiance's birthday is coming up. I know that she really likes nice watches. My mother has a Tag with dimonds where the markers are supposed to be. She is trying to get me to buy my fiance a watch with a dimond bezel that is a tag. I know there are many pretty luxury watches out there, but I don't think any of them have the international name recognition as a Rolex would. Money is not an issue here, just want her to have a nice watch.

Which would you choose and why?

Ladies Presidential 18k gold Rolex with dimond bezel

Stainless tag with dimond bezel

Or other watch?

Come on dude, you cant even spell diamond. You are 24 and have $30K to blow on a Rolex for your girlfriend? :bs:

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
For what its worth, I am a bit of a watch snob and have bought my wife a Movado, Baum Mercier and a TAG and she wears the TAG almost exclusively.

Last edited:

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Huh?? All TAG's have a saphire crystal as far as I know. I own 2 SEL's and have NEVER scratched the crystals. I beat the crap out of them too.

To the OP. for what its worth, I am a bit of a watch snob and have bought my wife a Movado, Baum Mercier and a TAG and she wears the TAG almost exclusively.

The case and band will. The crystal will not. One of the benefits of ceramics. :banana:

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
:xpl: I hope you're a female wearing a watch like that.

No, this is the watch I wear:

L10466721.jpg

Thump_rrr

Established Member
How about a big watch that can be USED as a dildo

I never really understood why some people drop the cash they do on somethign like a watch.

Most people who purchase nice watches are ones who appreciate quality.
I buy my watches for myself and nobody else.

For a ladies watch I like the Lady Datejust in white gold with the diamond bezel and the white mother of pearl dial.

The nice thing about the white gold is that it doesn't attract as much attention as the yellow gold if worn daily.

http://www.rolex.com/en/#/en/xml/collection/rolex-gallery/lady-datejust/specification|model=M179159-0003

snakecharmer

Established Member

Agreed. I have one of each (tag, breitling, rolex) and I wear the breitling the most by far.

polk5295

Established Member
I would buy her a Casio, remember she is just your fiance. If she turns out to be a great wife and sticks by your side for 5 or 10 years then I would suggest a Rolex. An excellent timepiece that will always appreciate. Besides if you buy her one now what are you going to upgrade to in 10 years? Just my .02

Users who are viewing this thread