Rolex Watches

charged98cobra

Legal gru
Established Member
Being an avid diver and swimmer, I reciently purchased a Rolex Submariner. I got the 18k gold middle links with the blue oyster face. I love the watch, the visibility is excellent even under the water, the only thing that I don't like is the gold shows fingerprints, and it is quite soft. I think the all stainless steel would have been more durable, but I just didn't think the stainless looked like a rolex should look. Anyone else have a rolex or other watch that they enjoy? ( will post pictures towards the end of the week when I get my camera back from Ken) We have been building a website, www.carolinadriftwoods.com

Last edited:

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
SanDiego01Snake said:
i like my omega. one day i'd like a breitling

i'd take a breitling as well. i only wear watches when i go out with my wife. i'd lose it at work, so i don't wear a watch at work

UCBeau

kirks5oh said:
i'd take a breitling as well. i only wear watches when i go out with my wife. i'd lose it at work, so i don't wear a watch at work
my everyday watch is a citizen eco drive titanium, and thankfully job is such that it doesnt get too banged up.

Last edited by a moderator:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
I have a stainless Day/Datejust wity platinum bezel. I have a gold and stainless Daytona. The 18Kt gold is quite pliable, whether on the jubilee bracelet or the oyster bracelet. The gold links on my Breitling are stronger, but they are only 14Kt.

2003 Silver

Banned
My Datejust with a ss band is my everyday watch...white face with roman numerals...love it! I also have a Fortis Spacematic Chrono and a Breitling Colt GMT. I also have my father's first Rolex that my mom bought for him...I'll never get rid of that as it has an inscription on it.

I like watches, but can't imagine spending $250,000 on a collection like my best friend's brother has.... :dw:

Rdslightning

Black Is The Fastest.
Established Member
Mine R is a older Oyser Perpetual Datejust. Its nice to say I have one, but in truth i dont really see the point. I like my $100 fossil just as much and gets all the time on my wrist.

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
SanDiego01Snake said:
i'd like a breitling

O YEAH...my dream watch...haha though when i was in the Bahamas.. we stopped at a watch place in teh Atlantis hotel...there was one there by a brand names Chambois (maybe ? ? ?) that was 163K yes 163,000!! and it had a friggin leather band..

I rock my guess watch for school and my Kenneth Cole for dress...they get the job done

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
philip said:
ive got an Omega Seamaster I bought in Paris and love it. although i hardly wear it.

I've got a Seamaster with the blue face. I love it. :pepper:

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
I got a Rolex "Thunder bird". The name sounds like a wino's cheap high, but it aint cheap. It has Arabic numerials and a time ring (I forget the real name for this, but I think is called a Chronometer) around the face, which makes it pretty rare. It was a gift from my boss for my 40th birthday. Not to shabby!! Cost then was around $7000. BYW, the gold on Rolex watches is 18K, so it is a liitle soft. I never see my model watch , so I'm hoping it'll be worth something more in the future. Great watches!

sunburst six

Established Member
I've got a Seiko Chronograph w/ a blue face. Man, I love this watch to death. I was turned on to Seiko by my dad, and have to say I will forever be loyal to them.

Users who are viewing this thread