Rolex Watches

herb101

Dis-Member-ed
Established Member
sunburst six said:
I've got a Seiko Chronograph w/ a blue face. Man, I love this watch to death. I was turned on to Seiko by my dad, and have to say I will forever be loyal to them.

I had and liked a Seiko Kinetics gold chronograph watch. I was real turned of after the 3rd movement replacement - each shipped in from Japan with 3 weeks wait.

I went to a Bulova Chronograph, then when it died I went to the Tag Link Automatic I have now.

Herb

charged98cobra

Legal gru
Established Member
I havent had a problem with the Rolex keeping time or being waterproof. But the gold is soft. My watch got a small nick in one of the gold links from the seatbelt hitting it. it is not bad and im sure there are more nicks to come...lol 18k is beautiful, but you also have to polish it once every 3 weeks or so.

Does anyone know of a good polish to use on gold to keep it's luster? I have been using jewlery cleaner and toothpaste...

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
I have the exact same watch, but with the black instead of blue. I too love my watch and dive with it all the time. I don't really know why though, since I typically cover it up with my suit and use a wrist mounted dive computer with a remote air integrated sending unit. I guess it's just because I rarely take my watch off.

I particularly like the saphire glass. It doesn't have a scratch on it. A regular watch would have long ago been scuffed.

Jay G

Established Member
I recently purchased a Tag Heuer Carrera and love the s**t out of it,one day a Breitling will sit on my dresser.

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
"Everyday" watch is the Seiko Titanuim. The Movado is the "special occasion" watch. One day I'll get a Rollie or a Breitling. Problem is, I keep dumping the extra cash into cars and vacations.

Users who are viewing this thread