Rolling Fenders On 03/04 Cobra's

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I know lol I am tired of my black wheels I want chrome 18s 10.5 I just don’t want to roll the rear fenders at all!
rolling the fenders isn't a big deal, I used my HF heat gun and temp gun with an eastwood roller I bought on sale. I made sure to keep it warm and go slow, no issues.

Even though they say 315 - the actual width varies quite a bit, look at the page for the tire manufacturer to compare (it will also give range of approved rim sizes along with ideal rim size). A 315 R888R is substantially wider than other brands. You could probably run a 305 and nobody would really tell the difference at a glance.

STEVEOUSMC

Established Member
Good point
rolling the fenders isn't a big deal, I used my HF heat gun and temp gun with an eastwood roller I bought on sale. I made sure to keep it warm and go slow, no issues.

Even though they say 315 - the actual width varies quite a bit, look at the page for the tire manufacturer to compare (it will also give range of approved rim sizes along with ideal rim size). A 315 R888R is substantially wider than other brands. You could probably run a 305 and nobody would really tell the difference at a glance.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Still depends on the car and rim/tire combo. When I bought my 04 it had 17x10.5 Cobra reps with 315 Sumitomo tires on H&R Race springs. No rubbing with that set up. Switched to 17x10.5 FR500's with 315 Nitto 555R's. That set up rubbed. I rolled the fenders enough to clear the tire. Switched to 555 G2's for a bit which are wider than the old school 555's and it rubbed. So I rolled the fender a little more. Switched back to the 555R's and went with coilovers so now I'm a little lower. But no rubbing. Had a set of 315 R888R's installed on the same FR500's and they're noticeably wider and rub on hard bumps. It's especially bad with a passenger and a full tank of gas. I'm probably going to finally cave and bring the car up another turn on the coils. It just looks so damn good right now.

Cobracletus

Established Member
Bought my car with 18x11 CCW rears with 315/35 Toyo TQ sitting on coilovers. Rubbed on every little bump. I had a local guy off Craigslist come out and roll the fenders with a roller and heat gun. Still thanking the SVT gods that it came out perfect. Could have ended poorly but I was 24 years old and stupid.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I rolled mine some years ago. I can dig up pictures. Mine mostly rubbed passenger side. True Forged Mach 5's 18x11 on Toyo R888 305/35/18.

Mine turned out great.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

hatchke

Established Member
I'm going to have to do mine this weekend. I'm rubbing pretty hard on big bumps even with my 295's - just a little too aggressive on the offset. I have a heat gun and the eastwood fender roller so i'm not too too worried about doing it.

Skitzerman

NE Philly
Established Member
I rolled mine about 13 years ago with the Eastwood tool. Toyo TQ's on the rear with a 10" rim.

P1013512.JPG

P1013513.JPG

CobraSam

Established Member
Heat gun and wooden baseball bat. Done about 10-12 mustangs using this method. Simple. Comes out great.

Users who are viewing this thread