Ron Paul- Should he make a 3rd party run?

5.4 speedster

Banned
As anyone can tell from my profile I am from arizona. As a open minded conservative I have a really hard time voting for McCain... How can he be in touch with the nation when he can't even represent the beliefs of his local
constituents? Arizona has the worst problem in the nation with regards to illegal aliens... One would think that he might have a firm grasp on what the problem is and how to deal with it.. He hasn't a clue:bash:

On the flipside there is no way I would cast my vote for Osama or Hitlery.

I want the chance to vote for Ron Paul!!!

Who else is with me?

bugmenot

Established Member
As much as I would want him to be pres, I do not want him to run as a 3rd party, and he has stated himself he will not. By doing that, you are splitting the votes, and Hillary and Obama have a much much better chance of winning than the already do. He said himself that he needs to also worry about getting reelected to his seat, otherwise the other guys have won the war.

CalcVictim

Resident douchenozzle
Established Member
he said he will not run 3rd party, that doesn't mean you can't write him in

Juice33

Patently Awesome
Established Member
As long as he's comfortable handing the presidency to the democrats.

A vote for Paul will end up basically be a vote for Obama/Hillary. Be prepared for the consequences.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Yup. Paul could barely get votes in the Republican primaries. Whatever votes he'd siphon from a Republican nominee would essentially be democrat votes. McCain is definitely not my first choice, but the "McCain is a liberal" bit is overblown. On the ACU scale, McCain's lifetime score is 82.3. Obama is 8.0. Clinton is a 9.0. That's an enormous gap based on voting record.

5.4 speedster

Banned
Ron Paul never got exposure due to the liberal media... He ll he wasn't even invited to some of the debates.

mccain is a f'n joke.

werstlna

Established Member
I agree with the OP, it's depressing that McCain is blatantly ignoring his constituents in AZ. As a result, we've had to introduce state level legislation like the employer sanctions law and passing ballot initiatives like making English the official language. I'm afraid the cat's been out of the bag for so long on this that it will be nearly impossible to get these illegals to leave the country. We need to try, however, and not just accept a huge loss just because we're behind at the moment.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
i dont understand how the Repubs can seemingly despise McCain so much yet put him in first place (over RP)

Caiviera On

?
Established Member
ron paul is not a bad candidate, besides his position on the iraq war, i agree with most of what he is saying.

+1

I would like to see Ron Paul as a 3rd party, but unfortunately that would hurt us Republicans because as others have said a vote for him will end up benefiting the democrats.

Yellow98SVT

T-trim, bitches
Established Member
As long as he's comfortable handing the presidency to the democrats.

+1...all those conservative votes away from McCain will just help the Democrats. You'd be just as well off not voting as voting for Ron Paul. You may just have to decide to who hate the least. I'd be willing to bet you'd dislike Clinton or Obama even more than McCain.

Caiviera On

?
Established Member
+1...all those conservative votes away from McCain will just help the Democrats. You'd be just as well off not voting as voting for Ron Paul. You may just have to decide to who hate the least. I'd be willing to bet you'd dislike Clinton or Obama even more than McCain.

This should be the saying....... Vote for who you dislike the least.

Users who are viewing this thread