Rotorpro Dimpled/Slotted rotors and SS braided brake line hoses??

EZ SPEED

Boost Kills !!!!!!!
Established Member
DL,
I run the Rotorpros rotors and hawk hps pads on mine and they work great.

As a matter of fact...that is my red Lightning sitting on the lift on Rotorpros.com home page :pepper:

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
I got the same set-up. Rotorpros slotted/dimpled rotors and Hawk HPS Pads. Love it. Stops a lot better and the bling factor is a +.

DL

Established Member
Thanks,

Keith (10secL) told me that was your truck KBZilla. That's cool..

I ordered a complete set of dimpled/slotted rotors today...

I was going to use the Napa Ceramic pads. Are the Hawk HPS pads better and are they quiet and like the Napa ceramic pads? less brake dust??

How about the SS brake lines, Does Ruslow make some to sell or get them from the link I posted ?

Last edited:

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
The HPS pads are probably the best for this kind of set-up. Mine have been quiet and there is barely any dust.

unclesams_svt

B.O.H.I.C.A
Established Member
I had the napa ceramic pads on my superduty and wow did they stop that thing. Plus they come with a life time warr. so you never have to buy pads again.

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
Nice looking setup. How much do the rotors run?? Need to replace the rotors on my L and would rather upgrade than put the oem rotors back on

Joe

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
unclesams_svt said:
I had the napa ceramic pads on my superduty and wow did they stop that thing. Plus they come with a life time warr. so you never have to buy pads again.

The reason I didn't go with NAPA's was I hear their ceramic pads will warp the rotors. I guess ceramic pads are designed to disipate heat and make the rotors absorb it. Atleast that is what I have been told. I have a buddy who is currently running ceramic pads from Auto Zone and he said that they warped his rotors and he was switching to HAWK HPS.

DL

Established Member
SWThomas said:
The reason I didn't go with NAPA's was I hear their ceramic pads will warp the rotors. I guess ceramic pads are designed to disipate heat and make the rotors absorb it. Atleast that is what I have been told. I have a buddy who is currently running ceramic pads from Auto Zone and he said that they warped his rotors and he was switching to HAWK HPS.

They warped the rotorpro rotors ? Anybody else notice this on your truck?

Rotorpros $300-350 for all four delivered?? Where do I get the Hawk pads from and who has the best price on them? Just ask for Hawk HPS pads?

Any feedback on the SS brake lines, Does Ruslow make some to sell or get them from the link I posted ?

Thanks

I'm at Nopi in Atlanta this weekend, so it may take some time beween posting and answering for me..

Last edited:

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
DL said:
They warped the rotorpro rotors ? Anybody else notice this on your truck?

Rotorpros $300-350 for all four delivered?? Where do I get the Hawk pads from and who has the best price on them? Just ask for Hawk HPS pads?

Any feedback on the SS brake lines, Does Ruslow make some to sell or get them from the link I posted ?

Thanks

I'm at Nopi in Atlanta this weekend, so it may take some time beween posting and answering for me..

No they warped his RUSLOW rotors. The Rotorpros are great IMO. Here is where you can find the HAWK HPS pads...

http://www.raceshopper.com/hawk_brake_pads.shtml

I paid $136 shipped for mine. Give them a call.

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
Alright I am here to give the low-down on NAPA Ceramic pads. 1st off, they are not lifetime warranty. If you were told that either the guy was wrong, or the store is warrantying them in-house.

When Ceramics first came out, the thought was they ran cooler. This is wrong. They work great on vehicles that are engineered for use with them (lincolns, caddys, etc) but not on braking systems not designed for them. They create a lot of heat. Heat = Fade & warped or heat spotted rotors. I had the ceramics on my truck. One night I did a couple of 100mph+ rips on the highway. I went to get off the exit ramp and when I go to the light at the end, the truck would not stop. I had my foot to the floor and it was not slowing down. I went through a red light and almost hit a guy on a motorcycle. The next morning I called our tech-line. The tech said I should not have these on my truck. High horsepower & big wheels equal a no-no for ceramic pads. I changed from NAPA Ceramix to the NAPA 'Application Engineered' pads and I love them.

If you drive like an old man, they may be perfect for you. They create minimal dust which is nice and they are quiet and they last. They stop good and they are the best Ceramic pads you can buy, I just don't think they are right for our trucks.

I did my brakes a couple months back. New NAPA Calipers all the way around (mainly 'cause I wanted to paint them), New NAPA Performance rotors all the way around, NAPA 'AE' Pads, New Bearings, Seals, and flushed 2qts of fluid through the system. I also bought Russell's 3pc stainless braided hose kit which I am very happy with. I may buy the set of hoses from the guy you showed because I'd like the rear caliper hoses as well.

28850-843-23184.jpg

28850-863-22536.jpg

28850-843-23185.jpg

28850-843-23189.jpg

See the hot spots in the rotor from Ceramic pads?

28850-843-23182.jpg

DL

Established Member
Rotorpro dimple/slotted rotors on the way, SS brake lines on the way.
Need to choose pads...

Any feed back on these pads? I know Sloe Truck uses the racing/track pads on his truck?

CarbotechUSA announces several new truck and SUV fitments in our outstanding Bobcat street material for 2005. Real-world testing has proven Bobcat to be superior to any other friction material for severe duty applications, such as towing. Bobcat provides confident braking, low noise, low dust, long wear life, extended rotor life, and greater resistance to brake shudder. If you tow, you need a set of Bobcats on your truck!!!

F150 2WD/4WD, 7 lug, Lightning 1997-2003

D702 $ 119.00 Front

D711 $ 119.00 Rear

http://www.carbotecheng.com/appguide-pads-truck_suv.htm

Ford pads, Hawk HPS pads, Carbotech? :shrug:

thanks

Last edited:

DL

Established Member
SWThomas said:
I would go with the HAWK HPS.

Hey, Thanks

I noticed in your sig from NLOC that you have your truck tuned by Torre and Chris. I know those guys very well.. Have we met there before??? next time you see them in person, tell them I said "Hello".. :rockon:

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
Yeah. That was $136 for pads for all 4 corners. I'll see Torrie and Chris on the 8th of October. We are having a dyno-day there. I'll tell them DL said whassup.

DL

Established Member
SWThomas said:
Yeah. That was $136 for pads for all 4 corners. I'll see Torrie and Chris on the 8th of October. We are having a dyno-day there. I'll tell them DL said whassup.

That would be cool...They know me well..lol. I'll be up that way around
X-mas time. Maybe we all can get together at their shop.

Thanks

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
For sure. Let me know when you are coming and I will plan to have some work done by them around that time.

Users who are viewing this thread