Rough Country steering stabilizer installed....PICS !

pitstain

I love appetizer samplers
Established Member
I'D WIN said:
What is the Fabtech part number?

The Fabtech part # is FTS8019 but it is 90% rouch country kit and (I think) the bracket is a fabtech piece, at double the cost you are not getting anything except the fabtech sticker.....

I'D WIN

Established Member

4Lance

Svt Nut
Established Member
They were really nice people to talk to. The one guy i talked to had a Gen 2 Lightning at one time, but never heard of anyone putting a kit like this on. He said it will work awesome though. He said it won't hurt steering at all. It will take the flop out before you feel it at the wheel. No stiff steering or anything like that. I got it for 50$ out the door They said it will come from Tenn and be here in 2 days.

4Lance

Svt Nut
Established Member
I do like how the fab Tech looks, The mounts look stronger, but i'm going for a cheap mod with good outcome. I could see if you had a lifted F-150 with super swampers you'd prob want to go with the Fab tech kit. But for what we are using it for i think it will do it's job I hope b/c i already ordered mine! :)

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
I can get Fabtech through work and it is definitely double the price. I already ordered the Rocky mountain kit, but I have a Fabtech unit coming so I can give a side-by-side comparison.

:thumbsup:

I'D WIN

Established Member
I found the Fabtech kit for $74. Little bit more but let us know what your findings Chris.

Thx!

I'D WIN

Established Member
That was from a friend locally. I asked about multiple discounts for buddies and he said NO. I will wait to see what Chris finds out.

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
I just got the Fabtech kit. It looks MUCH beefier than the rough country kit. The bracket that mounts to the idler arm is made from 3/8" Steel. I think I'll have a rough country stabilizer for sale when it shows up.

:coolman:

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
svtsilverback said:
any price info chris?

I know it can be had cheaper elsewhere, best I can do on it is $99.

Please don't get the wrong idea. I'm not saying the Rough Country kit is inadequate or cheap by any means. All I'm saying is I think the price on the Fabtech is justifiable and I'll be using the Fabtech kit.

I'd like to than Ian again for bringing this Mod to our attention. Personally it would have never occurred to me.

:rockon: :beer:

Cocoloco

BEEP BEEP...ROAD RAGE!!!
Established Member
:shrug: I really haven't been here for a couple of day's...and thought
this was some type of "Joke Thread"HaHa...But,this is AwEsOmE!!!

Before I bought my L...I had a leftover 04'F150 Heritage model.
I bought a used set of 99L wheel's and tire's off Ebay to throw
on it...God!!! I hated how it drove with those new "Big Feet"
mounted on there.

My L seems better...BUT!!! I will be adding this mod to get rid of
that unwanted tugging...wander...ect...

Thanks PIT!!!:idea:

Users who are viewing this thread