Roush Front Fascia-Fog Lamp Size?

RC-5.0

Established Member
Anyone know what the fog light bulb size is for the Roush front bumper fogs?

Also, I put a post a few days ago about pictures of cars with this bumper. Didnt get any, so here's a "second chance" offer for those pics!:banana:

Thanks
RC

alex12gt

Established Member
nasty_zps872379c4.jpg

RC-5.0

Established Member
ANBODY? Trying to purchase an HID conversion kit while I wait for the bumper to ship.
Thanks

stang8psi

Established Member
I would bet that it is the same that its been for all the roush bumpers. When I had my 04 it used a 9145/h10 bulb. That bulb is also the same size for the 05-09 roush bumper fogs, so I would assume its the same for the 10+ bumpers.

RC-5.0

Established Member
I would bet that it is the same that its been for all the roush bumpers. When I had my 04 it used a 9145/h10 bulb. That bulb is also the same size for the 05-09 roush bumper fogs, so I would assume its the same for the 10+ bumpers.

Oh well.

That's what I was thinking (same as the stock fogs), but I was hoping for the H11, which is what my GT/CS are.

REASON: I already have the $189 HID conversion kit, and I wanted to be able to reuse it. It's for the H11, since the that's what the CS has.

Ill just order another one :rockon:
RC

stang8psi

Established Member
Go to ddm tuning for your kit.. Just but the basic hid kit, no need for anything else! Thats what I ran in my 04 for 3 years and never had a problem. they also have a lifetime warranty on both bulbs and balasts. all for $40-$50

RC-5.0

Established Member
Go to ddm tuning for your kit.. Just but the basic hid kit, no need for anything else! Thats what I ran in my 04 for 3 years and never had a problem. they also have a lifetime warranty on both bulbs and balasts. all for $40-$50

WEll if I didnt already have the kit, I would do that, but now all I would need is the bulb and pigtail into the balasts.

Do you know what "capping" of the bulbs is and do you think I need to do that?
RC

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Go to theretrofitsource.com, but the correct bulbs, be happy. The ballast will work fine as long as you order bulbs with AMP connectors. Don't trust DDM bulbs.

RC-5.0

Established Member
Go to theretrofitsource.com, but the correct bulbs, be happy. The ballast will work fine as long as you order bulbs with AMP connectors. Don't trust DDM bulbs.

I already have a compoany for my lights.

I just need to know if Capping is really necessary and what't the purpose.
Thanks
RC

stang8psi

Established Member

I understand the retrofit is better if doing a retro fit! Op is looking to just replace bulbs! And ddm are fine for just bulbs, what makes one chineese bulb better than the rest? and have a shorter warranty? DDM stuff works, last a long time, and has not given myself nor hundreds of people on here any problems, and if they do just so happen to act up thats why they have a lifetime warranty!

RC-5.0

Established Member
to help not blind people!

I figured that was only a concern if it's the upper grille-mounted fogs and not so much the ones at the bottom. I wouldnt think the ones at the bottom are shining upwards high enough for that.

As far as arguing about the HID companies it's a moot point as I already get my stuff from retrosolutions.com

Thanks!
RC

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
I understand the retrofit is better if doing a retro fit! Op is looking to just replace bulbs! And ddm are fine for just bulbs, what makes one chineese bulb better than the rest? and have a shorter warranty? DDM stuff works, last a long time, and has not given myself nor hundreds of people on here any problems, and if they do just so happen to act up thats why they have a lifetime warranty!

TRS sells much more than retrofit kits. Although all HID bulbs are alike, they actually designed their own bulbs, known as Morimoto brand. They are excellent bulbs. With DDM, you take the chance of having mismatched colors, etc. I've had it happen twice myself. Just don't really car to use DDM products anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread