Roush Side Splitters

FivePointO

Established Member
Just looking for input from those who have installed the Roush Side Splitters. How have they held up? Any issues with the tape separating over time? Thanks!

Led_Zep

Don't tread on me
Established Member
I had mine put on by local shop since I was getting a lot done that day. Had them on for 5 months no issues at all. They look great on the car, make it seem a little more lowered.

TEG-84

Established Member
I've had them for over two years with no issues...only complaint I have is they are dust collectors lol (welcome to CO!).

Rct851

Established Member
^^^^ both of these... Looks great and gives a lower appearance without having to slam the car too much

PC03GT

Established Member
They'll look great. The hardest part is remembering they're on the rockers, so take a wider step when you get out of the car. You'll get used to it

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
40E428E4-579B-4B66-9C4C-5D6F6B1BD6C1.jpg

AEED316F-B1EC-48AD-864F-6C95E60811CE.jpg

TEG-84

Established Member
I found it easier to take the rockers off to install them. You don't have to though!

Led_Zep

Don't tread on me
Established Member
I forgot they do collect dust haha, dam south west. And yeah tell the ladies to extend their dam legs when exiting.

FivePointO

Established Member
I installed the splitters. Rear splitters are being shipped. Hopefully this will help anyone else who plans to install them but the 2013 - 14 models have a small splash guard on the rear of the rocker panel that has an overhang which interferes with the splitter. It will not let it sit flush. I couldn't figure out how to trim the piece, but after thinking about it I used a hot knife and it worked great.

20150419_181643.jpg

rsb213

Established Member
I installed mine in about an hour. It's pretty easy, really the most annoying thing was removing the old push pins from the rocker panel but all you need is a pair of needle nose pliers and some muscle.

Vik912

Established Member
Has anybody painted their splitters? I've got a set of roush side and rear splitters, as well as a stillen front lip, all sitting in the garage waiting to get installed one of these days. Trying to picture how it would look if I painted everything?

Paul.

Established Member
I have the side splitters, rear splitters, and Boss splitter (for '11 / '12) - install is easy. Mine have been on for over two years with no problems. There are so many fasteners that the tape is not really a big deal. Just make sure you clean everything off really well and follow the instructions.

Painting wouldn't be extremely difficult, but you'd need to prep everything as you would for painting plastic. Plus, if you bumped the splitters into anything it could crack up the paint a bit.

Paul.

mitchster

Established Member
Doing my install today. I have to trim the rear panel extension and watched a video on them and was inform to push the splitter as far back as you can. Will update.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread