Roush Suspension for Lightning

99Cobra Supercharged

Established Member
Anyone have pictures of a Roush kit installed on there Lightning. Any do's or dont's about the kit

http://www.geocities.com/lightningbw/Lightning.html

SVTPerfLightning.jpg

Last edited:

99Cobra Supercharged

Established Member
Perfect! I ordered the kit the other day. But Roush couldn't tell me what to expect. They have never installed one on a Lightning.

SVTPerfLightning.jpg

Smok'n L

Established Member
Hey guys I was just about to post a ? about the Roush suspension? I need to do suspension work over the winter when the "L" is in hibernation... I was looking into the Roush kit but it seemed a little pricey.
Dyagciog what is the lowest drop I can get out of the kit? Are the shocks adjustable? The guy at the dealer didnt know the exact drop. Do u also have the sway bars? But most importantly how is the HANDLING??????
Thanks
Smok'n L

Smok'n L

Established Member
DJ,
What was the overall drop front & rear? What does it measure out to from the ground to the top of the wheel well?? And did you get those $800 Bilstien shocks or just the springs??
Thanks
Smok'n L

Don's Bolt

Blown Stang
Established Member
DJANIMATE
The roush suspension looks sweet.
I dropped mine 1 inch in the front and 2 inches in the rear. I used Belltech shackles, and hotchkis front spring. I am very happy with how it looks and rides. The best part it only cost me $190.00 plus the cost of a allignment which it needed anyways.

here is a pic

Lightning12drop-vi.jpg

DJANIMATE

Established Member
Smok'n L,

First off, my apologies on the late reply. The Roush kit lowers it about 1 1/2 inches in the front and about 3 in the rear but I'm guessing since I didn't do a before and after measurement. I bought the whole kit which included bumstops, leaf springs, coil springs, and shocks. Here's a couple more pictures of where it sits now that it's been lowered.
fe25bbf4.jpg.orig.jpg

fe25bbf3.jpg.orig.jpg

Check out this link where I've talked about the kit -
http://nloc.org/ubb/Forum2/HTML/003063.html

I also wanted to add I still haven't bottomed out and the ride is still great, I can't believe that a lowered truck can ride this good.
It's far more expensive then other kits but I personally believe it's the best.

The reason I went with Roush is ..

1 - I trust the company, we all Jack Roush's history with Ford
2 - I didn't want to cut anything. This kit is bolt and go.
3 - I felt the extra money was worth great ride quality, this is my daily driver and I want comfort.
4 - I wanted a total solution, Roush gives you a total package from the new bump stops to the special shocks for lowered ride height.
5 - You get what you pay for.

Don,

You truck looks great, I hear good things about both Hotchkis and Belltech. Gotta love that $190 thing!:)

Smok'n L

Established Member
Hey DJ,
Thanks for the response, better late then never I guess but 1 more thing...Does Ford warranty the product like it would the stock suspension????? And what was the cheapest price uve seen it for and where?
Thanks
Smok'n L

bret

Established Member
i think if you have Roush Plant/Roush Dealer put it on they won't void the warrenty. hell, roush did most of the r&d on the L anyway didn't they? so if they don't warrenty it i would say that is bs.

SC Lightning

Hey Guys, if you want a bitchen lowering kit specifically for the 99-01 lightnings, So-Cal Speed Shop in Pomona Ca. has a sweet package. It's a little more than Beltech, but well worth it. It handled better than it did stock, especially after they put the beefy sway bars on. Definately check them out.

e-mail is : so-calspeedshop.com

whip

Established Member
Hey Don...How were the shakles to put in? Were there any mods you had to do to make them fit? What about the front end? Did it mess with the geometry at all? Does it corner any better?

ps Ya, ya, I'm still here! I can't get a damn ship! I'm "supposed to be leaving" thursday for a ship thats heading to Spain in a couple weeks.

bret

Established Member
always wondered this... i bet there are not alot of chics on those ships... so what the hell do you do... do you buy each other hookers at each port? i know i would go crazy without girls...

whip

Established Member
Bret...Your right! Theres not many chics at all. Some guys go for the hookers, some guys fight for the few chicks on board, either one can leave you with that not so fresh feeling:fm: I've got a girlfriend at home, so like most of us, all you can do is count the days and watch, um, "training videos!" :rolling:

bret

Established Member
Originally posted by whip
Bret...Your right! Theres not many chics at all. Some guys go for the hookers, some guys fight for the few chicks on board, either one can leave you with that not so fresh feeling:fm: I've got a girlfriend at home, so like most of us, all you can do is count the days and watch, um, "training videos!" :rolling:

HAH! training videos...

Users who are viewing this thread