Roush Suspension for Lightning

Don's Bolt

Blown Stang
Established Member
DJANIMATE
Thanks for the compliment.

The more time I have had with the Hotchkis springs the less I like them. They throw you all over the place(way to firm) so I am sending them back. I just ordered the Roush coils and bumpstops today. I like stance of the Roush much better, I only got a 1/2 drop with the hotchkis so by by.

How were the roush shocks compaired with the factory Bilstiens? are they much different? I debated the roush shocks when I placed my order, once I hear your opinion maybee I will get them too.

Hey Whip you still stateside? The shackles were a breeze to install took 10 minutes.

Later guys
Don

01blkL

Established Member
I want this kit. How do I get one??? Any help .......... website phone number??????? Thank you for any help you can give me.

99Cobra Supercharged

Established Member
Hmm, check this out. When I placed this subject back in October. I also called Roush and spoke with this guy Dale. He was very helpfull for information. So, I decided to ordered the kit. Dale offered me even Free Shipping. Another option, was to have a shop order it. So, I contacted my local shop that was not setup as a Roush Dealer and asked them to call Roush and become one. No problem my shop calls and sets it up. Roush says, send us a check and we'll ship one out to you. So weeks go by and I call my shop to ask them whats up.. No kit yet. So my shop contacts Roush and they said, the kit is on HOLD for the 2001 Lightning. They would not explain why at the time and that was about it. SO my shop calls me up all mad, like what the heck kind of company is this. They have my check, "Which They are holding, not cashed" and I'm not sure I want to get involved in this. So, I call Roush and left 5 messages with this guy Dale which he never returned my call. I then speak with another parts guy and he tells me, Ohh we have a few customers with there kit installed on an 01 lighting and its sitting on the bump stops. So, no kits are going out untill we get a 01 in here and figure out what the problem is. Sounds reasonable. So, I ask them how long do they think it will be and they said possibly a few weeks. Ok, that was over a month ago. I've left 3 other messages with Roush since then and have heard nothing. I can appreciate not wanting to sell a faulty kit, but thats B.S. Mean while my sh?t is all 4X4 out and I got natta.

Don's Bolt

Blown Stang
Established Member
My front springs came in today, but my truck is far away getting new rods and pistons installed. So I will have to wait a few weeks to see what the differance between the Hotchkiss and the roush is.

What I can tell you is the Roush uses the ford factory rubber compression stops, while the Hotchkis uses some real thin week compression stops. I think that alone will help the ride.

I'll post a comarison in a few weeks, If I make it that long without the L.

whip

Established Member
Don, yikes, new rods and pistons??? I hope nothing happened. Is this just planning ahead for future mods? What kinda times are you looking for next summer??

Don's Bolt

Blown Stang
Established Member
Originally posted by whip
Don, yikes, new rods and pistons??? I hope nothing happened. Is this just planning ahead for future mods? What kinda times are you looking for next summer??

No there is nothing wrong with the truck, infact it is running better than it ever ran before. It is just the foundation for some major mods.

I am shooting for low 11's next year

Happy holidays

GetSome

Established Member
Don that is awesome, and I am excited for you. Can't wait for you to post those great numbers. I saw your truck at JDM's and thought to myself, "yep that thing is gonna fly!" :D :burnout: You will not be dissappointed!

Don's Bolt

Blown Stang
Established Member
Originally posted by GetSome
Don that is awesome, and I am excited for you. Can't wait for you to post those great numbers. I saw your truck at JDM's and thought to myself, "yep that thing is gonna fly!" :D :burnout: You will not be dissappointed!

Thanks
I wish I could see it right now. I am sure I will love what Jimbo does with my baby. It is killin me driving the 95 Chrysler mini van.

I just installed Windows XP. it is cool, but a little weird.

BABolt

Established Member
Here is a photo for the first Lightning that had the Roush suspension kit installed. It was done at the Roush engineering facility. It is now going on 2.5 years since the install and not a single problem.
fe038e31.jpg

RobG

Established Member
Sho is nice Mike !!!

Don,

Do NOT use the Hotchkis spring isolators !!! When I took off the Hotchkis coils those things were all ripped up. Stick with the factory rubber isolator. Later.

Users who are viewing this thread