Roush TVS, 6R80 Converter & TB question's

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
Roush TVS which converter is better to use for roll racing 50-170? Stock Converter vs Circle D 3B (Already have both in our possession)

Whats the largest TB we can install on a Roush?

corepwn

Established Member
You can install a Twin65 or Twin67 on a Gen1 Roush blower.

I'd say long rear end gears are a requirement to stay in 4th for 170 and in my opinion there would be essentially no difference in the converters from a roll where you'd likely be in lockup anyway.

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
You can install a Twin65 or Twin67 on a Gen1 Roush blower.

I'd say long rear end gears are a requirement to stay in 4th for 170 and in my opinion there would be essentially no difference in the converters from a roll where you'd likely be in lockup anyway.

Yeah currently sitting at 3.15 gears now. How about a SCJ TB, i take it i can use that also, i know i hear the 67mm is better control/feel/response but does the SCJ have any gains over the 67mm or is it a toss up? Good to know about the converter, Ill probably try to sell that 3B off then. Thanks.

corepwn

Established Member
If you have a Gen1 Roush with the non ported elbow, there's no point in a monoblade throttle body. We need more info on your setup.

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
I'd say the tighter stock converter would be better... As for the TB, how much power are you planning on?. I have the VMP twin 67 and it's been performing flawlessly. I like it and I'm pushing 800whp.

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
If you have a Gen1 Roush with the non ported elbow, there's no point in a monoblade throttle body. We need more info on your setup.

This is a "hold over blower until oil prices rebound" type of build, I am looking into either a Stock Roush or maybe VMP Gen 1 setup. <Honestly whatever i find the best deal on and in the best shape is what ill pick up as they seem to be posted everywhere or every few days/weeks someones got a deal.

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
I'd say the tighter stock converter would be better... As for the TB, how much power are you planning on?. I have the VMP twin 67 and it's been performing flawlessly. I like it and I'm pushing 800whp.

I already have a fully built car, motor, trans, fuel system, rear... but all this was designed around an Armageddon Turbo setup LMAO! Soo I'm gonna pump as much air into that motor as possible on E85 and its gonna be what it will be. I would hope for 750rwhp+ on a 69mm.

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
This is a "hold over blower until oil prices rebound" type of build, I am looking into either a Stock Roush or maybe VMP Gen 1 setup. <Honestly whatever i find the best deal on and in the best shape is what ill pick up as they seem to be posted everywhere or every few days/weeks someones got a deal.
I'm not quite sure what that means, but if your making less then 650whp the stock twin 60mm is fine...

Gpcalero

Cuz Racecar
Established Member
Roush TVS which converter is better to use for roll racing 50-170? Stock Converter vs Circle D 3B (Already have both in our possession)

Whats the largest TB we can install on a Roush?

I believe the largest TB you can install on a Roush is a CJ monoblade, but you MAY run into more drivability problems compared to a dual TB. Probably could do without it though unless you are looking for max flow and max effort power. My TwinJet 67mm works great and it's a beautiful piece as well.

I thought you were going turbo?

Users who are viewing this thread