Roush TVS - I await your arrival!!!

burke985

Established Member
Congrats you will love it , go with an 80mm pulley though I started with an 82 and stock air box then went 80 and Cai and the car loves it. I've been running Amsoil 5w20 with no issues with the blower for over a year now. Mine is a DD

Last edited:

drh_5.0

Established Member
Congrats you will love it , go with an 80mm pulley though I started with an 82 and stock air box then went 80 and Cai and the car loves it. I've been running Amsoil 5w20 with no issues with the blower for over a year now. Mine is a DD

Nice! I wanted to go with the 80mm to start but seeing as this is the first S/C car I ever owned I figured I should experience the new found power and ability to upgrade to smaller pulleys. I am really debating on buying oil pump gears...and think I definitely will build the whole bottom end if I am to up the boost at all!!! Depends on if my wallet says I can or not :)

burke985

Established Member
Nice! I wanted to go with the 80mm to start but seeing as this is the first S/C car I ever owned I figured I should experience the new found power and ability to upgrade to smaller pulleys. I am really debating on buying oil pump gears...and think I definitely will build the whole bottom end if I am to up the boost at all!!! Depends on if my wallet says I can or not :)

Yeah that's how I did it at first with the bigger pulley not a bad thing for sure but glad I upgraded to the 80mm and cai. I would do the OPG if you plan on revving past 7000k rpm

drh_5.0

Established Member
Yeah that's how I did it at first with the bigger pulley not a bad thing for sure but glad I upgraded to the 80mm and cai. I would do the OPG if you plan on revving past 7000k rpm

I can almost guarantee I will want to upgrade to the 80mm after a few months of driving with the 85mm...And I definitely don't plan on over-revving or bouncing off the rev limiter if my tuner keeps it active. If I see that gauge turn red I usually let off immediately. Lol, not because I'm scared of the power...but more so what is going on internally!? I'd like to make the car last. I probably don't need the gears in that case but I may want to do them for peace of mind...time will tell.

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
When I'm on the street, I never even really tickle 7000rpms... I shift at about 6600 and still have PLENTY of TQ in the next gear. That's the beauty of these blowers, they don't have to be wound right out to really plant you in the seat.

drh_5.0

Established Member
I'm hoping someone can answer this question for me:

In the install guide it says something about not having the PCM out for too long if u are to have Roush give u a tune (which I'm not) BUT...i have had the battery disconnected for almost 2 days awaiting the arrival of the kit....Will this cause a problem with the car like the manual says the PCM missing will give.

nzimmer6649

Established Member
I'm hoping someone can answer this question for me:

In the install guide it says something about not having the PCM out for too long if u are to have Roush give u a tune (which I'm not) BUT...i have had the battery disconnected for almost 2 days awaiting the arrival of the kit....Will this cause a problem with the car like the manual says the PCM missing will give.

I had my battery out of the car for at least a week when I installed my VMP TVS kit and had no problems....

drh_5.0

Established Member
Glad to hear, I don't really see how it could do what the instructions said it would if left out...but wanted to confirm. Thanks man.

Just got my first item in today! ....ID1000 injectors. Can't wait for the rest to arrive.

drh_5.0

Established Member
Talked to Beefcake other day, and the Roush should be shipping any day now! :rockon:

Got in the ID1000's, Brisk Plugs, and VMP's Plug-n-Play wiring harnesses.
Have done a lot of the un-installing and modifications already, should make for a much quicker installation. Will post pics of work done so far tomorrow. And with any luck I will have everything in in a few days...and hopefully completed at least by early next week.

drh_5.0

Established Member
Better invest in a set of mickey thompson dr's if you wanna get it all to the ground!

Haha, yeah I definitely will need an upgrade on tires...but I plan on eventually getting Weld RT-S wheels or some lightweight street-able wheels. Would like to hold off until then but when I do that I would definitely go with MT's!!!

Users who are viewing this thread