Route 66 tour!

sportscars

Mustangr Event Organizer
Established Member
As so many people keep asking me to do this - I finally agreed and I am in the planning process for the tour now. Working out all the thousands of details is pretty time consuming, but I will keep you updated on the progress. I would imagine I will have a mostly completed event by early next week..

We will start from Santa Monica around July 31st and end in Chicago around August 7th. The trip will be all-inclusive (all hotels and meals) and have a good mix of nice dinners and Route 66 type eateries.

Route 66 is about 2300 miles - one way! This is not a trip for the faint of heart (or those afraid to drive their Mustangs!).

I will keep you all updated on the progress. As always, thanks for your support!

Sean

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Route66Bash

Last edited:

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
damn! i did san diego to san antonio round trip....good luck lol

sportscars

Mustangr Event Organizer
Established Member
Here is the current itinerary:

7/29 Kick off party in Santa Monica
7/30 Santa Monica to Needles, CA
7/31 Needles to Flagstaff
8/1 Flagstaff to Albuquerque
8/2 Albuquerque to Amarillo
8/3 Amarillo to OKC
8/4 OKC to Springfield, MO
8/5 Springfield to St. Louis, MO
8/6 St. Louis to Chicago

Of course we will be stopping at MANY cool places along the way!

TMIProducts

Established Member
Last August I did a South Florida to California back to South Florida trip in a 2012 Focus.

took two separate routes. Was one of the most awesome experiences of my life, seeing everything the bottom of America has to offer.

bluebosss197

im did asbestos i can
Established Member
Pops has a good chicken fried steak too at their cafe, so don't discount it.

Also be sure to stop in Tulsa for lunch. Plenty of great old school hamburger places with onions-fried-in in Tulsa along 11th st, 4th and Sheridan, and Admiral there.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
What an awesome idea. I hope a good number of folks can take advantage of this. My wife and I did this (Santa Monica to Tulsa) many years ago. We had a blast. So much to see along the way. I hope someone takes a lot of pics along the way and post them up for us to enjoy. :)

Users who are viewing this thread