Rpmoutlet blower porting...as good as Apten???

pestilence

Established Member
I do not know if this has already been posted or not, I searched and didn't see anything. Anyway it appears that rpmoutlet has entered the blower porting arena. http://www.rpmoutlet.com/mus03maccai.htm Has anyone seen or even heard of this. Their porting job looks much differnt than apten and the others that I have seen. I guess if it works we have yet another option.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
I would say if it does work thats awesome, and if it didn't I am 100% sure that RPM outlet would either give you a different ported blower or a Factory blower and your money back. They are too large of a company to make little mistakes like this and turn their shoulders...I think somebody should get one and find out, and try and dyno in the same conditions.

Rwick7

Established Member
There are a ton of posts of people having problems with RPMoutlet's customer service. I would be wary. You usually get what you pay for...usually.

71stang99

Established Member
apten is the way to go, they have a proven track record and i was wavering on another porter because of the $$ savings, not worth it, read the threads and with regret see the folks who went and had theirs ported elsewhere and the results.

BenD

Established Member
BE CAREFUL DEALING WITH RPM OUTLET! Cust. service and backup is lousy. They really screwed me on a simple thermostat buy especially shipping cost. They said one thing and shipped another. I'd like to buy a set of Stage II Crower cams from them, but I'm afraid. They have the best price but!!!!!!

I just stopped looking at their Web site so I won't be tempted again!! There are too many reputable Vendors out there to screw around with guys like that!

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Avoid RPM OUTHOUSE, go with APTEN, you will never regret the extra few coins.

Chonger

The Korean Connection
Established Member
BEWARE! Lots of threads lately about F'd up port jobs. I would not do it unless you actually hear from people who have done it with RPM Outlet. I have not heard anything yet about their port job. Who wants to be first?

Chonger

The Korean Connection
Established Member
Also, if you look at the pictures on RPM's website their ported blower looks nothing like the pattern on an apten. The apten ports look triangular while the RPM Outlet looks like square blocks have been taken out.

From what I have seen and read, the F'd up port jobs were a result of what looked like too much porting. I don't know.

akaeric

Established Member
Like what all the others said. Its been my experiance dealing with Apten and RPM Apten hands down is the best customer service.

Users who are viewing this thread