RTR, SVE or AMR

ESU1909

Established Member
To all the fellow Mustang enthusiasts who own and have any of these wheels on their ride, if you could do it all over again, what would you go with. Or maybe have no regrets at all and are happy with what you got. I know there may be better options in wheels, but these 3 brands and styles are within my budget. Size/tire spec advice and pictures would greatly be appreciated as well. Thank You All.

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
NONE of those...that style of wheel is over done in my opinion!
Save up and get a good brand/design....Forgestar/Vossen etc.

Ron Mexico

Deploying SVT Poster
Established Member
sve drifts and no regrets. staggered 18s 255/285.

ysysysab.jpg

Last edited:

Chaney5.0

You do know that there have been more threads in the last two months about getting Forgstars/Vossen rims put on their car than sve/rtr/amr right?

Stop repeating what some other tool says and thinking its truth. You drive a mustang. They have been played out over 50 years. Just like the shirt on your back and the cell phone in your pocket. Most likely Apple shit you over payed for.

:nonono:

Chaney5.0

all three of those are cheap, heavy wheels. what are you expecting?

Idk what wheels you're comparing to but that is pretty light. The cobra rims everybody runs are 5 times the weight. You're talking 2500+ for a set of light rims. I would rather buy a turbo for that price.

87hatchy

Established Member
You do know that there have been more threads in the last two months about getting Forgstars/Vossen rims put on their car than sve/rtr/amr right?

Stop repeating what some other tool says and thinking its truth. You drive a mustang. They have been played out over 50 years. Just like the shirt on your back and the cell phone in your pocket. Most likely Apple shit you over payed for.

:nonono:

x2...plus the OP said the SVE/AMR/RTR are what is within his budget. He did NOT say "Which wheels are better than sve/amr/rtr?" geez people...

Anyways...I like the SVE drifts the best personally and will probably buy silver ones eventually

ESU1909

Established Member
x2...plus the OP said the SVE/AMR/RTR are what is within his budget. He did NOT say "Which wheels are better than sve/amr/rtr?" geez people...

Anyways...I like the SVE drifts the best personally and will probably buy silver ones eventually

Thank You. Good Lookin' Out.

alex12gt

Established Member
Had she wheels and they are pretty nice but a pain to clean I had 19s and sold them and now running 18in fs cf5s

ESU1909

Established Member

:nonono:[/

Last edited:

five0three

big deal
Established Member
Idk what wheels you're comparing to but that is pretty light. The cobra rims everybody runs are 5 times the weight. You're talking 2500+ for a set of light rims. I would rather buy a turbo for that price.

should have mentioned im running drifts. i just dont know what you are expecting...

5PNTSLW

Back on the Saddle
Established Member

100-120lb wheels? must be made of stone

:D

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm running the SVE drifts with no regrets.

Keep in mind if you want to run a 19" drag radial like the 305 mickey thompson d/r then you're pretty much limited to the AMR.

Jenkins

Established Member
I have the SVE drifts and love them i have no regrets and i didnt pay 3k for a set of rims or have to wait for them either.

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member

Im entitled to it! I was just sayin'...save up for something else.
But, I will admit I did not know the drifts were that light! :burnout:

Still don't like the look....but then I never liked the look of black wheels to begin with, but that seems ubber popular too!
If it matters I dont like the wheels I currently have either. again, My opinion

Last edited:

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
I like the style of all the rims op but everyone has them. A good option is the lc818s that's what I have. Mine are real concave in the back and not so much in the front. Give the car a more aggressive look. As of right now I'm the only one that I know of with them on a mustang. I think it's wheeldude.com that sells them. If you google lc818 wheels on mustang it should pop up with a grabber blue 2010 with my exact wheels. Bought mine from the owner if the grabber blue car.

Last edited:

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
IMO the AMR wheels because you can get them in 20's. THey also now have the 2013 GT500 replicas available in a 19".

Chaney5.0

IMO the AMR wheels because you can get them in 20's. THey also now have the 2013 GT500 replicas available in a 19".

This is true^ I am thinking about buying them, but with every replica they are always heavy AF. The factories are pretty damn light. Unless AM impresses me again. These AMR rims were lighter than stock even with a 275 tires on the back of a 10.5 inch rim. Around 37 pounds WITH tire. Front was like 34. Not bad, comparing my buddies lifted 1500 has 18s and 35s that weigh 127 a corner LOL

waiting to see if somebody buys them and am going to ask them to weight them. Wish companies would include weight in description...

Users who are viewing this thread