Rubbing after installing of lca relocation brackets and sway bar relo brackets

redfirepearlgt

SIT BACK AND HANG ON !!!
Established Member
Ran into the same issue last night. Clearance with the LCA relo brackets AND even a bit on the original LCA mount. Verified that the sway bar on the 2013 is 24mm. The same setup was installed on a 2006 Mustang GT and had no clearance issues whatsoever. Granted that vehicle does not have relocation brackets BUT the big help is that the S197 sway bar is only 18mm in diameter. When asked about replacing the 24mm with the 18mm to provide this clearance it was suggested that this would not be in the best interest. Soooooooooooooooooo... Guess either I will start doing some grinding, purchase the BMR SB042 sway bar package that mounts on the LCA relocation bracket OR just run a 15x8 or 17x9.5 inch wheel.

Don's Bolt

Blown Stang
Established Member
My solution white line rear sway bar

Attachments

• whiteline.JPG
    whiteline.JPG
    781.9 KB · Views: 500
  • whiteline2.JPG
    whiteline2.JPG
    794.6 KB · Views: 488

BMR Tech

^ That works too!

This is why we recently developed our SB042 Rear Bar that mounts on the inboard location of the LCA mounts. ;)

Dashti2810

I had this problem today and I fixed it easy no rubbing nothing. by pushing the sway bar towards the driver side and aligning the top links. You might need to push it really hard to get the sway bar moved. I pulled it on one side and my brother pushed on other other side. Be careful the car don't fall.

Users who are viewing this thread