Rubbing after installing of lca relocation brackets and sway bar relo brackets

v8stang

Established Member
Long title, I know lol

Well, I got my BMR suspension in today. I decided to knock out the rear and do the fronts tomorrow afternoon.
I installed the springs, LCA relo's and swaybar relo's..
It was a tight fit to say the least. The sway bar is rubbing on the relo brackets. I can hear slight creaking when backing out of the driveway. I'll take some pictures in the morning to show the spots.

Has anyone experienced this fitment?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I have had issues. Different setup but same things relo brackets an relo sway bar an i had rubbing.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
On my 2009 GT500 with UMI relocation brackets and sway bar relo, I also had physical contact between the two. I used the side grinder to make more room for the sway bar after the relocation brackets were welded in.

WHITELINE

Established Member
Long title, I know lol

Well, I got my BMR suspension in today. I decided to knock out the rear and do the fronts tomorrow afternoon.
It was a tight fit to say the least. The sway bar is rubbing on the relo brackets. I can hear slight creaking when backing out of the driveway. I'll take some pictures in the morning to show the spots.

It is a typical problem pending on the manufacturer or combination of manufacturers. Some shaving should do the trick. If you are not willing to shave the relocation brackets I'd like to invite you to try the WHITELINE relocation brackets. We have yet to come across any rubbing issues and have actually had phone calls all over the country from users surprised that this is the 1st relocation bracket that goes on without any modification.

BMR Tech

Long title, I know lol

What exactly is your combination of parts? We have many people running this set-up without issue, like the 2011 GT in this picture:

109895d1373197465-rear-sway-bar-wont-fit-after-lca-brackets-bmr-steeda-relocates-jpg

Shoot me a call Monday, we will get it figured out. :beer:

It is a typical problem pending on the manufacturer or combination of manufacturers. Some shaving should do the trick. If you are not willing to shave the relocation brackets I'd like to invite you to try the WHITELINE relocation brackets. We have yet to come across any rubbing issues and have actually had phone calls all over the country from users surprised that this is the 1st relocation bracket that goes on without any modification.

When I held the WL Brackets in my hand, while inspecting and comparing them to our brackets, I did not see much, if any, more clearance on your brackets. They were almost a spitting image of the BMR Brackets.

Honestly, I can't even remember the last time I saw someone post this, or received a call about it.....and we sell thousands of these pieces. I do see the opposite though, were people with other brands have issues, and everyone tells them to get BMR. Hmmm...

WHITELINE

Established Member
What exactly is your combination of parts? We have many people running this set-up without issue, like the 2011 GT in this picture:

109895d1373197465-rear-sway-bar-wont-fit-after-lca-brackets-bmr-steeda-relocates-jpg

When I held the WL Brackets in my hand, while inspecting and comparing them to our brackets, I did not see much, if any, more clearance on your brackets. They were almost a spitting image of the BMR Brackets.

Honestly, I can't even remember the last time I saw someone post this, or received a call about it.....and we sell thousands of these pieces. I do see the opposite though, were people with other brands have issues, and everyone tells them to get BMR. Hmmm...
What in my post made you so defensive? You ended up asking the same thing I did. Pending on the combination of parts the parts can rub and plenty of people modify with no problems. There are so many shops that do this it sounds like common practice almost. It's pretty easy found if you search. I really don't know why you get defensive and resort to taking jabs. May I remind you, we're not the only ones that have had to deal with some product issues. It happens... but you dont see me bumping and referencing it every opportunity.

So obviously our relocation brackets are very similar - I can't speak for the critical dimensions because I just don't know between the 2. But eyeballing their similarities and actually measuring are two completely different things. I don't know what you want me to say.... fact is no ones ever modified our relocation bracket and yes I have had specific feedback from our common customers and even dealerships praising the fact that no modifications were necessary on this same exact part we're talking about. I'm not sure what brands they used before but I trust the source and you should too.

scotmach

Established Member
I have the BMR relocation brackets and the Steeda sway bar relocation brackets and have no rubbing but it's close. maybe take a pic of where it's rubbing so we could see?

BMR Tech

What in my post made you so defensive? You ended up asking the same thing I did. Pending on the combination of parts the parts can rub and plenty of people modify with no problems. There are so many shops that do this it sounds like common practice almost. It's pretty easy found if you search. I really don't know why you get defensive and resort to taking jabs. May I remind you, we're not the only ones that have had to deal with some product issues. It happens... but you dont see me bumping and referencing it every opportunity.

So obviously our relocation brackets are very similar - I can't speak for the critical dimensions because I just don't know between the 2. But eyeballing their similarities and actually measuring are two completely different things. I don't know what you want me to say.... fact is no ones ever modified our relocation bracket and yes I have had specific feedback from our common customers and even dealerships praising the fact that no modifications were necessary on this same exact part we're talking about. I'm not sure what brands they used before but I trust the source and you should too.

A BMR customer buys our product, puts it on his car, and has a rubbing issue. YOU jump into the thread, and go straight to telling MY customer to modify/grind the bracket, OR use the WL product.

That message is comprehended as "BMR's brackets require grinding, WL's do not"

You could have easily posted something such as: "You may want to contact Kelly at BMR and see what he has to say. This can be tricky depending upon the brand of parts being chosen/mixed" and you could follow that up with something like "If Kelly says you have to grind, then I welcome you to try our parts, because we have not received this feedback yet"

I won't sit here and claim we have never had clearance issues with this particular combination of parts, but, it is not common with our current design brackets.

Please keep in mind that I am the only person at BMR that a Mustang owner talks to. Tech, sales, etc... I talk suspension ALL day long, every day. In doing so, there are always things that I pick up on, to use for repeat occurrences, like - for example; the last customer who had this issue, it was being caused by the PHR not being adjusted properly, as well as the end-link on the bar being bound up.. If he called you, you would have said "Grind it!" :bash: ?

All of that said, if the customer calls me Monday and it just doesn't clear due to the Sway Bar Relocation Brackets - maybe he will consider purchasing your product. I will do my best to resolve his situation and provide him with whatever help he needs to get it working properly.

Let's do each-other a favor. If a thread is about Whiteline specific product or problem/issue, and has no mention of BMR in it....then I will simply not post. Can you do the same? If not, I just ask that you tell the customer to call me before modifying the parts.

Thanks

Last edited:

v8stang

Established Member

BMR SP009 springs
BMR LCA's
BMR sway bar brackets

I'll finally post up pics with tomorrow's daylight, and I'll definitely give you a call Monday.

throthaduece85

spinning not winning
Established Member
My CHE setup with sway bar relocation brackets, and the bar wouldn't fit as the CHE brackets are mega thick (and welded on). I grinded on the brackets some and was able to get the bar in, but the squeaking showed up soon. I pulled the bar and ran some 7/8" rubber heater hose on the spots where it contacts. Problem solved.

JOK3R

Established Member
A BMR customer buys our product, puts it on his car, and has a rubbing issue. YOU jump into the thread, and go straight to telling MY customer to modify/grind the bracket, OR use the WL product.

That message is comprehended as "BMR's brackets require grinding, WL's do not"

You could have easily posted something such as: "You may want to contact Kelly at BMR and see what he has to say. This can be tricky depending upon the brand of parts being chosen/mixed" and you could follow that up with something like "If Kelly says you have to grind, then I welcome you to try our parts, because we have not received this feedback yet"

I won't sit here and claim we have never had clearance issues with this particular combination of parts, but, it is not common with our current design brackets.

Please keep in mind that I am the only person at BMR that a Mustang owner talks to. Tech, sales, etc... I talk suspension ALL day long, every day. In doing so, there are always things that I pick up on, to use for repeat occurrences, like - for example; the last customer who had this issue, it was being caused by the PHR not being adjusted properly, as well as the end-link on the bar being bound up.. If he called you, you would have said "Grind it!" :bash: ?

All of that said, if the customer calls me Monday and it just doesn't clear due to the Sway Bar Relocation Brackets - maybe he will consider purchasing your product. I will do my best to resolve his situation and provide him with whatever help he needs to get it working properly.

Let's do each-other a favor. If a thread is about Whiteline specific product or problem/issue, and has no mention of BMR in it....then I will simply not post. Can you do the same? If not, I just ask that you tell the customer to call me before modifying the parts.

Thanks

:eek:

Vendor Fight! :pop::beer:

v8stang

Established Member
Hadnt been down there since the installation. I remember the sway bar rubbing against the lca relocation brackets. I guess it settled in the last 4-500 miles. Now looks like its rubbing on the original lca bracket

20130825_122006_zps47b1992c.jpg

20130825_121952_zps02f9b957.jpg

BMR Tech

I like the direction this has gone. Now we have all learned that the BMR parts do clear, and no grinding is needed.

Now, onto fixing your issues. It looks like an easy fix. The pictures show me that your panhard bar bolt retaining nut is interfering with the sway bar. Or atleast, that is what I think that is protruding through, into the bar?

If so, simply loosen the PHR bolt, clock the nut towards the pumpkin slightly, and re-torque the bolt to 129ft lbs.....while ensuring the nut does not rotate back to towards the bar.

If you still want to call tomorrow, I will be in the office from about 10:00 - 5:30 EST. :beer:

v8stang

Established Member
You're right. I just checked outside and realized its the retaining nut.
But its also rubbing on both sides at the control arm bracket surface. Its the spot right behind, and to the left of that retaining nut.

Users who are viewing this thread