Rumor has it GT500 make 638 rwhp with mods

03Terminator

03 Red Fire Cobra
Established Member
From THEMUSTANGSOURCE.COM

GT500 HP

Supposed to make 638 rwhp with a pulley, exhaust and tune. Not sure how true this is but if it turns out to be....... :pepper: :banana: :pepper: :banana: :bowdown: :bowdown: :eek: :eek:

JPIStang

Stay Classy San Diego!
Established Member
03Terminator said:

GT500 HP

Supposed to make 638 rwhp with a pulley, exhaust and tune. Not sure how true this is but if it turns out to be....... :pepper: :banana: :pepper: :banana: :bowdown: :bowdown: :eek: :eek:

I'm thinking "no".

Even if the thing is under-rated, we know what the Ford GT is putting out. If they under-rate the way the Terminator was, it'll probably be about 465rwhp from the dealer. Pulley, exhaust, and tune will give you 530rwhp or so.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
im sure thats possible. does anyone know how much boost that is? will the engine hold?
should ford be held responsible for that engine if it does not hold? im sure some here will say - if it cost 40 grand? hell yes.

Fourcam330

Established Member
JPIStang said:
I'm thinking "no".

Even if the thing is under-rated, we know what the Ford GT is putting out. If they under-rate the way the Terminator was, it'll probably be about 465rwhp from the dealer. Pulley, exhaust, and tune will give you 530rwhp or so.

530rw with a max effort pulley (bumping boost from 10.5psi to 18-19psi), a full exhaust (LTs, 3" crossover and CB), and retune will only net an additional 65rwhp? :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol: :lol: :lol: If you're talking about an 03/04 with ported blower you might not be too far off.

Last edited:

Fourcam330

Established Member
03Terminator said:

GT500 HP

If you want to take the time to search for some old posts (6 mos. back or more) I speculated (based on what the Ford GT has done among other factors) that a full "BPU" (LTs, 3" exhaust, max effort pulley, CAI, tune) would make 600-625rw NP even with the stock roots blower. I'd be willing to bet it's around 16-18psi.

SVTgriff

www.SONICspeeds.net
Established Member
JPIStang said:
If they under-rate the way the Terminator was

Curious, how much was the Terminator under-rated?

What kinda numbers would an 03 have with just a K&N FIPK CAI...like mine? :p

K&N claims an add of 30rwhp...this true?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
from my understanding the 03's were hitting 425 crank horsepower. yes some 03's even put out more power stock. :pepper: if the 07 gt500 is underrated by a simalar percentage, 520 crank horsepower would not be out of the question.

mrsuds

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
If you want to take the time to search for some old posts (6 mos. back or more) I speculated (based on what the Ford GT has done among other factors) that a full "BPU" (LTs, 3" exhaust, max effort pulley, CAI, tune) would make 600-625rw NP even with the stock roots blower. I'd be willing to bet it's around 16-18psi.

Forgive my ignorance but was is a LT??

SVTgriff

www.SONICspeeds.net
Established Member
ON D BIT said:
from my understanding the 03's were hitting 425 crank horsepower. yes some 03's even put out more power stock. :pepper: if the 07 gt500 is underrated by a simalar percentage, 520 crank horsepower would not be out of the question.

Man, I got to get a pull on mine to see the numbers! :rockon:

I just assumed the 390 rating was correct...

Lets see if i got this right...
03s were about,
Stock 425hp, 360rwhp
Stock+K&N CAI 460hp, 390rwhp

Sorry, I did not mean to hijack, I will shut up now.

03CobraBro

Established Member
There is no point in debating this until one of us buys the damn thing and gets it on the dyno. There is also no point in comparing the engine in the Ford GT to the Shelby since one is a DOHC and the other is a SOHC.

PEP

Established Member
03CobraBro said:
There is no point in debating this until one of us buys the damn thing and gets it on the dyno. There is also no point in comparing the engine in the Ford GT to the Shelby since one is a DOHC and the other is a SOHC.

Seems to me both are DOHC motors.

Jpjr

Established Member
that's a hell of a lot of power. man, that's exciting. well, a pulley, port, cai and exhaust net about 150 rwhp on an '03. i'd say 180 may be possible with the extra displacement on the '07. that gets it to around 600rwhp?

Jpjr

Established Member
of course.. as great as that power number sounds, it will still take a twin screw to blow by a KB '03. really a joke that they could not make it a twin screw w/warranty :)

03Terminator

03 Red Fire Cobra
Established Member
Fourcam330 said:

Nope, no need to. I remember in several old threads you stated this thing was going to put out 600 + rwhp with a pulley, exhaust and a tune. I can only wait for the first magazine to put this in print so I can say Fourcam said it first!!! :thumbsup:

PoisonSnake

Banned
Rumors, rumors, rumors...

wasn't there a rumor where the pulley is integrated to the blower itself and there is no way to swap it?

R1Lello

Established Member
03CobraBro said:

:bash: Wake up buddy and smell the Folgers.........both are DOHC's

Users who are viewing this thread