Rumor has it GT500 make 638 rwhp with mods

TORQUERULES

Established Member
crazyhorse06 said:
I don't know what you mean by extra info, but, it is the Eaton Roots M122h. It is larger and more efficient than the Term's Eaton. The Term had a GEn V blower. The Gen VI is due out in 2008 (more efficient design). The H in M122H stands for hybrid. IT basically is a gen VI rotor in a Gen V housing. There was a little Blurb in 5.0 about it. I have heard 8.5 -10.5 on the boost settings from the factory. IIRC 10.5 was the latest rumor.

Thank you! I couldn't find the blurb, but they needed this info.

badlx

SlowSVT said:
950 fwhp/900 rwhp. That's about 6% parasitic loss.

Your friend is delusional.

Motorcycles sap more then that and they have a more effiecient drivetrain

A motorcycles drive train is absolutely more efficient, no argument. Honestly at this point it's been so long I am wondering if I am remembering correctly :)

However, as you know, my point is only that there is a difference between a % and the actual amount of power that it takes to spin a drive train. If this is true you could most definitely end up with a single digit percentage of loss in a big HP application. I think it’s wrong, based on personal experience (now I’ve only seen it once with my own eyes with my combo – the rest was from two friends who backed up what I saw), to assume that the amount of power it takes to spin a drive train is linear or even exponential. In turn it’s been my experience that it takes about 50 – 75hp to spin a manual tranny in a 500+ hp application. I guess what I am trying to say is that there might be an inverse relationship. As your power goes up, the drive train loss goes down, and if you over 700 or 800hp it not much (again manual tranny / small tire – there where big differences when I put my c-4 in)

Anyway, this isn’t the right forum for this so I’m out.

Again, peace.

satx

Banned
Fourcam330 said:
:shrug:

John Mihovetz's NHRA Open Comp. Elim. 4.6 TT Cougar. 2000 flywheel HP, 1600rw through a Glide. You don't honestly expect me or anyone else to believe that it would eat 400HP @ only 1000 flywheel HP? DK for instance lost around, surprise, 250-275rw @ 1350 flywheel HP with his PG.

I guess we have a difinitive answer on this subject. I have wondered about this myself. Let me repeat what fourcam said, he saw 2000HP on an engine dyno and then 1600 rwhp on a chassis dyno....that is proof. Or for further proof we could put a glide in a 300HP car and see if it goes anywhere :rolling:

LargeOrangeFont

Raise your fist in resist
Established Member
satx said:
I guess we have a difinitive answer on this subject. I have wondered about this myself. Let me repeat what fourcam said, he saw 2000HP on an engine dyno and then 1600 rwhp on a chassis dyno....that is proof. Or for further proof we could put a glide in a 300HP car and see if it goes anywhere :rolling:

It will go backwards stupid!

snatchss454

Established Member
crazyhorse06 said:
I don't know what you mean by extra info, but, it is the Eaton Roots M122h. It is larger and more efficient than the Term's Eaton. The Term had a GEn V blower. The Gen VI is due out in 2008 (more efficient design). The H in M122H stands for hybrid. IT basically is a gen VI rotor in a Gen V housing. There was a little Blurb in 5.0 about it. I have heard 8.5 -10.5 on the boost settings from the factory. IIRC 10.5 was the latest rumor.
I read that little excerpt in the 5.0 Mustang mag called Hybrid Horsepower. I was wondering, does that mean it flows like a ported M112?
Shane

TORQUERULES

Established Member
snatchss454 said:
I read that little excerpt in the 5.0 Mustang mag called Hybrid Horsepower. I was wondering, does that mean it flows like a ported M112?
Shane

They were saying it is 122 ci and is more efficient. I would say that comparing it to a Ported 112 is probably right.

crazyhorse06

Established Member
Brad posted this morning that a stock GT500 dyno'd at 489rwhp. That is all the detail he gave except a warning that it had not been emissions tested yet.

My friends, in the words of SVT "you will not be disappointed."

chuckstang

Established Member
crazyhorse06 said:
Brad posted this morning that a stock GT500 dyno'd at 489rwhp. That is all the detail he gave except a warning that it had not been emissions tested yet.

Is Brad the same guy that said with certain mods, 639 could be attained????????

This sounds awsome!!!!!!!!

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
Yeah, I read that and had an "organasm"....or, something like that :nonono:
That translates to over 550 @ crank (562 if you take in 15%+- for drivetrain loss). Yikes, if true, it's underrated by 87 hp! :rockon: :beer: :bowdown:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
lets compare power/weight from the 03 svt to the 07 svt.

03 3600/~383 = 9.399
3900/~489 = 7.975

now my question is this. how is the 03 mustang svt going to be as fast as the 07 mustang svt?

crazyhorse06 said:
Brad posted this morning that a stock GT500 dyno'd
at 489rwhp. That is all the detail he gave except a warning that it had not been emissions tested yet.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
crispy23c said:
Yeah, I read that and had an "organasm"....or, something like that :nonono:
That translates to over 550 @ crank (562 if you take in 15%+- for drivetrain loss). Yikes, if true, it's underrated by 87 hp! :rockon: :beer: :bowdown:

actually its 575 crank horsepower with the 15% loss.

crazyhorse06

Established Member
Actualy, I get 575.29 using 15% loss.

Yes Brad is the same guy. He is the owner of themustangsource.com and has become well connected with Ford, SVT and aftermarket people such as Scott Hoag from MRT and others that sponsor his site. I believe him. Whether the rest of you do or not is up to you.

TORQUERULES

Established Member
crazyhorse06 said:

Do you have a link?

Users who are viewing this thread