Run in with Ferrari...

HaulinBuggy

Established Member
I came across a very different looking Ferrari near spaghetti junction in Atlanta. Couldn't get a picture of it because I was busy trying to catch this car and the Lotus that came flying past me (gave up after about 15-20 seconds of 140+ mph with them still pulling away). After they both slowed, and the Lotus exited, I tried to coax the Ferrari owner to open her up again. He just shook his head no and gave a thumb-down (WTF does that mean?). Whatever, gave him a "nice car" thumbs-up and a nod and continued on my way.

Any way, just trying to figure out which model this was...It had a distinctivly triangular shaped hood. Kinda looked like an F40, but the exhaust exited from the rear corners of the bumper not the center, and like I mentioned earlier the front hood was a raised triangular shape.

Anyone?:shrug:

10thCobra

Established Member
Looks like it could have been an F50, looked similar to the F40 but with smoother lines.

Mugger

Don't beat 'em, MUG 'em!
Established Member
I ran into a Ferrari....
Picture_011.jpg

It's a co-workers car but hey I think I can take him....LOL

Matt M PA

Established Member
The other night I rolled through an intersection with a Modena perpendicular to me. I had the GTS and was REALLY hoping that he'd turn and come after me. Horses are supposed to be afraid of snakes.

Orange Poison

Established Member
I don't blame the guy in the Enzo for not wanting to open it up again against any car....why risk damaging that fine piece of machinery, not to mention history.

Chit, I'd come unglued even if I got a small chip in the paint on that car!

Emil

Established Member
Enzo info from Motor Trend:

Its 660-hp V-12 pours out thrust (figure 0-60 in about 3.5 sec, and some 220 on top) through a paddle-shifted six-speed F1 gearbox.

$652,000

Let's see, you an buy 18 Cobras for that much !

HaulinBuggy

Established Member
Originally posted by Blue Poison
I don't blame the guy in the Enzo for not wanting to open it up again against any car....why risk damaging that fine piece of machinery, not to mention history.

I can understand that, but like I said earlier he blew past me (I was doing 90) with a green Lotus in chase. Figured he would at least humor me after that spectacle.

The Pun

Formerly 10th03cobra
Established Member
I ran into a 360 Modena last weekend and dropped 2nd on him and walked away. After that he rolled up and told me I had a fast car, and he wouldn't run off the light with me.

BTW: My Maganflow cat back and x-pipe also sounded way better than his car.

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
The Enzo owner probably has no idea what an 03 Cobra is. He just figured it was a V6 and wasn't worth his time.

As stupid as it seems, most people can't tell the difference.

ModsAway

Established Member
You said it sly, a mustang is a mustang to most people. Only the enthusiasts can tell the difference. SS Cobra inserts only confuse people lol, they probably think I named my car that since its just an extention of my own snake anyway lol

PoohBear

I am the Red Cyclone
Established Member
Originally posted by Blue Poison

Yeah, but to someone who is able to afford an Enzo, repainting it would seem like pennies to them. Just my .02 cents. :beer:

Evil_Merlin

Got VTEC?
Established Member
Seeing an Enzo in the US is very very rare.

I think there are only 300 in the world.

And to have even the CHANCE at owning an Enzo you need to have owned a F50 (well not own an F50 as techincally you couldn't actually own one... it was more a lease... but that's neither here nor there)...

Someone has a LOT of spare cash.

CyberDaveA

Established Member
Even with the thumbs down from the ferarri owner... I would have dropped the gear and left him in the dust...

Watching your brake lights pulling away might have enticed him to play a little...

Users who are viewing this thread