Run on 18" BFG Drag Radials

YOULOST

Boostaholic
Established Member
Just to give you something to compare to, here is my setup :
Whipple pushing 19-21 lbs of boost depending on weather (4lb lower 3.2 upper)
4.10 gears
28" hoosier slicks on bogarts

I've run a best of 101 in the 8th with 133 in the 1/4
I think your mph is so high because you are spinning. Once you are running your slicks your 1/8 mph will surley go down once you get your 60' down.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
^My best 1/8th mph (104.62) was with a 10 foot bog that killed momentum for the car. The car makes a ton of power I just need to actually drive the thing off the line instead of a flat out dump.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Believe me I've tried. Pretty much up to 6,000 rpm's. My car does one of the two. Bogs a little or completely blows the tires off and there is no in between.

That's with a flat out dump so if I run again I'll be doing more of a slip.

YOULOST

Boostaholic
Established Member
Then you just need to play with your setup a little. I never had an issue with spinning my slicks but did have the bogging issue until i found the sweet spot to launch it from. What kind of tire pressure and what type tire are you running?

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Then you just need to play with your setup a little. I never had an issue with spinning my slicks but did have the bogging issue until i found the sweet spot to launch it from. What kind of tire pressure and what type tire are you running?

From 14lbs to 10lbs. Right now I'm running 28 x 10 x 16 Hoosier full slicks. I've ran it once since the k-member install and it was close. I just need to jack up the front coilovers and slip it a little. At least I honestly believe that will do it. Oh and then when I try again don't just flat out dump it lol hoping it will hook.

What you selling your car! Why?

I'm on the fence big time. GT500.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Just take the wheel weights off, there is no reason to balance skinnies.

Yes there is, even if the tire distorts the weight is still the same for the most part

Anybody else balance their front skinnies?
Yes, just about everyone I know.
The faster you go the more it matters, the lighter the car the more it matters.

Man I thought quite a few people balanced their front runners. Maybe I was wrong.
Nope
Always had my bias ply fronts and rear balanced. Nobody ever told me not to. Always rode smooth on the highway and strip. Put lots of miles on with radials front/bias ply rear too. I equate it to ridin' a dirtbike on gravel, pin it and the rear end will walk a bit, but it'll go straight. That was always my experience. Yes, I ran that way with decent power too, on the notch, which went 130.

Yep.

Try not balancing 2.5X17 front runners and trapping 180+ in a 1900lb car.
It will shake the front off the car.

Posi, there is something wrong (I'd say track prep) if you're blowing off slicks.
But bogging at 6000RPM launch with your power and gear doesn't dound right either.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
^No, it doesn't bog at 6,000. I was just saying that's as high as I've went launching.

The car needs to be driven off the line instead of just any old dump. That's the bottom line now because it's got enough suspension mod's to get a good 60'.

Thanks for the comment on the balancing. My thinking is what in the heck will it hurt? If a tire/wheel is out of balance then how is balancing it wrong? Seems I'm correct or most of us are.

YOULOST

Boostaholic
Established Member
I'm running pretty much the exact same setup as you with qa1 coilovers front and rear and it dead hooks when i dump the clutch. 28x11.5 hoosier slicks, 19lb whipple, qa1 coilovers front and rear... It dead hooks anything above 5200rpm. You should never have to slip the clutch on slicks, now dr's on the otherhand are a whole nother story...

Last edited:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Brian, when you used to hook well and get those nice 60' times, what was your suspension setup? What have you changed since then????

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Stock clutch and 26" ET Streets. I only got those good 60's like one time.

YOULOST

Boostaholic
Established Member
Yes it is a coupe but one of my friends has a conv and has no problem hooking on my slicks either. He even has stock shocks/springs.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
GT500 and run 10's with the Eaton which there just isn't as much of a following as our cars.

Or

Eaton on my Vert and be the first to run in the 10's with no nitrous?

then

Nitrous on the Eaton and go after the current record for a Vert like that?

I need some motivation so save myself a bunch of money lol.

Last edited:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
MVD you let me down lol. I figured you'd come in and say I couldn't do it.

I'm keeping my car and shooting for 10's one last time with my Whipple. Then it's coming off to try and run 10's Eaton only:banana:. While having nitrous on it also to see what I can do with that as well.

Users who are viewing this thread