Runners please come in

96_slow4.6

my car is really slow
Established Member
Can you guys give me a good recommendation on a good running shoe? Currently using some 2011 AirMax but was told to change my shoe.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
You need to find a running store than can evaluate your foot type and running style. They can recommend a shoe that will best fit your needs.

I personally use Brooks adrenaline gts. I have bought a new pair every spring for the past 5 years and love them.

If you go to brooksrunning.com....I think that's their site. There is a few questions you can answer that will put you in the right direction on what type of shoe you need.

Last edited:

hoamskilet

Established Member
You need to find a running store than can evaluate your foot type and running style. They can recommend a shoe that will best fit your needs.

I personally use Brooks adrenaline gts. I have bought a new pair every spring for the past 5 years and love them.

If you go to brooksrunning.com....I think that's their site. There is a few questions you can answer that will put you in the right direction on what type of shoe you need.
Agree with everything here including the exact shoe. Been using that one for the last few years and they are the best running shoes I've ever had

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Love my new adidas adizero feather 4's. Very light, breathable and responsive. Not bulky at all either.

Fwiw - my buddies pair of 1 month old brooks are going flat already. Sorry brooks guys, had to throw it out there for Ops sake.

XtraTQ

Established Member
As mentioned above, definitely go to a running store and they'll help you figure out what work best for you. I really like Brooks running shoes. I've been really happy with the Glycerin 12's, and I'm going to be picking up a pair of Glycerin 13's pretty soon.

And 311-420, tell your buddy to contact Brooks customer service. They'll replace them. Their CS is really good.

Last edited:

96_slow4.6

my car is really slow
Established Member
Thank you guys! That totally makes sense going to a running store and getting an exact fit shoe! I will definitely look into that!

97WHITEVENOM

Established Member
I just started running, and I am going to see if I can run a marathon next year. I went to a running store last week to get fitted. I am 5'10 195lbs (not fat), and I over pronate a bit. They set me up with the Asics Gel Kayano 22s. Up till now I have run on/off shorter distances for a few years... I have always had one pair of sneakers at a time and I usually wore than for everything. This pair will be 100% only for running.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Some running stores (like the one I use) have a treadmill with camera. You run for about 30 seconds and they video tape your feet. This helps to get you into the absolute best running shoe, running style and how you contact the surface. And be certain that you get measured; don't assume your size doesn't change as an adult. After experiencing some running issues with my old running shoes, I finally got measured and found I was no longer a size 10.5. I was actually now a size 11. I've been buying size 10.5 shoes for years because I assumed wrongly that I hadn't changed.

96_slow4.6

my car is really slow
Established Member
Some running stores (like the one I use) have a treadmill with camera. You run for about 30 seconds and they video tape your feet. This helps to get you into the absolute best running shoe, running style and how you contact the surface. And be certain that you get measured; don't assume your size doesn't change as an adult. After experiencing some running issues with my old running shoes, I finally got measured and found I was no longer a size 10.5. I was actually now a size 11. I've been buying size 10.5 shoes for years because I assumed wrongly that I hadn't changed.
I like that idea and I will see if I can find a store like that CobraBob! I will definitely keep in mind the measuring part as well! Thank you guys!

97WhiteVemon- Good luck with your marathon training! I just started running again a few weeks ago and would also like to try for a marathon maybe one day!

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Also, don't underestimate the importance of a good pair of inserts. If you run a lot, the shoes will probably last you less than six months before you have to buy a new pair

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
You need to find a running store than can evaluate your foot type and running style.

This is basically the only right answer. Everyone's foot is different and there are many different types of shoes. You need a professional to recommend one for your foot.

Users who are viewing this thread