Runnig with out filter at the track?

RFM50

Established Member
Anybody running there car without the air filter at the track? My car boost's about 11lbs with the filter on and 13 with it off. I am really considering running with out it at the track next time i go out.

cstone94

Established Member
Anybody running there car without the air filter at the track? My car boost's about 11lbs with the filter on and 13 with it off. I am really considering running with out it at the track next time i go out.

Hell, half your turbo cars don't run a filter. Don't see a problem with it if you're just doing it at the track.

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
If the car was tuned with a filter then leave it in. I'm not a fan of running a car without a filter. Too much sand at our track.

Stevem17500

Established Member

2 psi is pretty significant I only see one psi....difference...Def rec some torco or race gas to to be safe

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
You will be fine. I have driven my car without a filter countless miles. Is not big deal especially if you only do it at tee track.

13DIB5.0

Established Member
ive been running mine without the filter or tube for about 2k miles now, but it only sees the track or out on nice days, i was also told that its hard on blower bearings? does anyone make a small mesh screen that would fit over the housing that's held on with a clamp or something? I mite just have to get creative.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
I did a screen for mine made out a strainer I got at the supermarket. I will look for a picture. I use an air filter now because the blower inlet was getting dirty. I still use it every one in a while.

Users who are viewing this thread