Running 315's On The Front

Ryushin

Established Member
I'm trying to find out exactly what is necessary to run a 17x10.5 rim and 315's on the front. I was thinking I need new front fenders like those from Tiger Racing:
Tiger-Racing

Has anyone tried running 315's in the front and what is necessary to do this. I'm sure the road racers like Jimmy must know something about this.

beastmar

Established Member
I'm trying to find out exactly what is necessary to run a 17x10.5 rim and 315's on the front. I was thinking I need new front fenders like those from Tiger Racing:
Tiger-Racing

Has anyone tried running 315's in the front and what is necessary to do this. I'm sure the road racers like Jimmy must know something about this.

Why would you want to do that? Bigger fenders are a must if you want to run that big of tires. You probably would need a huge spacer in order to clear the struts/shocks up front.

Teej281

Established Member
Running that width tire in the front will not work. I know a guy over on MF, Jazzer the cat, who is running an 18x10 with a 295 on it and he has full Griggs SLA suspension and a lot of front end work and he still has a lot less steering than he did stock because of the width. Frankly, 315's are probably not possible unless you get those fenders.

racebronco2

Established Member
For those not in the know there are several people running 315's with stock suspensions and stock fenders. I am running 315's with 17 x 10.5's on all 4 corners with an sla and the car turns just as sharp as it did stock. With some 17 x 9's it turns sharper then stock. You can see how they look in my signature.

I believe they are running a 3/8 spacer with extended lugs to clear the struts.

Ryushin

Established Member
For those not in the know there are several people running 315's with stock suspensions and stock fenders. I am running 315's with 17 x 10.5's on all 4 corners with an sla and the car turns just as sharp as it did stock. With some 17 x 9's it turns sharper then stock. You can see how they look in my signature.

So running a 3/8" spacer with extended lugs will clear the stock struts and allow me to not have to replace my fenders?

Also, what SLA are you running? I was looking at going with the Grig's setup.

Last edited:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member

This the guy you will want to listen too if you are serious about running this set up.:beer::rockon:

I know it is do-able with stock fenders because I know Carlos has done it. I don't know the spacer, studs or rolled fenders details however.

I assure you Carlos does. Plus he is not the only one who has done it either.

It obviously will reduce turning circle and rubbing can occur at full lock. It does help with understeer a good bit from what I have read.

Ryushin

Established Member
So is the only way to not rub the stock fenders is to run an SLA? Has Carlos figured it out so stock fenders can be used and still no rubbing? What is Carlos' username so I can PM him?

Ryushin

Established Member
Bump. I'd like to order another set of 315's soon and if I have to order the fenders I need to get that done as well.

SlowSVT

Established Member
:eek:

.........can 335's be far behind.

Carlos, is the steering gear more eager to "self center" with such wide meats? That is a lot of rubber up front.

Last edited:

Ryushin

Established Member
Hmmm..... 335's, what a great idea! Odds are I'll get them to fit in the front before I could get them to fit in the back with the IRS.

I'm looking at the 315's for better handling and more stopping power.

Users who are viewing this thread