Running from the Police Question

trc46

Layer of Pipe
Established Member
well go make a thread kid.

I don't care enough about your opinion to make one. You're more then welcome to make one though. All it would prove is that a "kid" can get under an older more "intellectual" mans skin. If you really have a big problem with me express your concern in a PM?

Last edited:

PudgeTheMidget

Established Member
Anyone doing 130 on a public road isn't smart, anybody doing with any sort of cars/traffic around(a cop car counts, so you can't say the roads were empty) is a full blown idiot and deserve what they get.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

2001GTTT

Yellow is faster
Established Member
One other time I was going to the airport on the parkway at around 1am doing somewhere in the neighborhood of 110-115 and didnt realize it but I passed a state police suv going the same direction, I instantly slowed down and he got right on my ass the rest of the way there. As soon as I pulled in he lit me up and let me off with a tint ticket because he wasnt sure how fast I was going. Talk about lucky. I'm grown now and usually keep away from doing stupid stuff.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I don't care enough about your opinion to make one. You're more then welcome to make one though. All it would prove is that a "kid" can get under an older more "intellectual" mans skin. If you really have a big problem with me express your concern in a PM?
I don't pm with children. and those that send me one have, more often than not, had their stupid displayed in public. it is one way to keep the idiots out of my in box. Don't flatter yourself by thinking you have gotten under my skin you aren't even close

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member

It wouldn't matter pal - you make a thread, he doesn't show up in it. :bored:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
It wouldn't matter pal - you make a thread, he doesn't show up in it. :bored:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am assuming that you are talking about that pitiful CSD thread. I read it occasionally just to watch people like you cry about how I haven't responded. I am being entertained by the dumb in that thread. so far not a single post has been worth my time since, in this case, watching is much more fun. You guys will keep bumping it to the top and I will LOL every time you do

CobRoush-00

Established Member
I know a guy that gets in cop chases for fun. Regularly cruises at 130+ on florida highways and around columbus when he's up north.

Also stole a cop car and drove it around for a night. This was about 10 years ago though. The video is kinda amusing, him and his passenger were talking like kermit the frog over the loud speaker as they were passing people.

I don't have any doubt some people get away like your friend. However, he is one lucky guy out of the many who have tried. As you can see, you only know one guy, your friend. That's it. Most people get caught or crash badly. I myself have been in a position to outrun the police years ago but decided not to because of the possible consequences if I didn't make it. I know many of you on the forum have had the same thought especially when driving a powerful car but didn't do it because it's pretty dangerous and really not worth it. I am glad your friend no longer does that.

czwalga00gt

Rx7 Soul Destructor
Established Member
I don't have any doubt some people get away like your friend. However, he is one lucky guy out of the many who have tried. As you can see, you only know one guy, your friend. That's it. Most people get caught or crash badly. I myself have been in a position to outrun the police years ago but decided not to because of the possible consequences if I didn't make it. I know many of you on the forum have had the same thought especially when driving a powerful car but didn't do it because it's pretty dangerous and really not worth it. I am glad your friend no longer does that.

Oh, no he still does... so often in fact it's getting boring for him. The stealing the cop car thing was 10 years ago.

NukeIT

Established Member
well...its not running if they dont get close enough to let you know their after you...couple stories:

1) i was doing 140mph out of san diego in 2004. heading East. I slowed for traffic, cleared it and right back to 140mph. after about 15 min of this, i slowed to around 60mph and in a couple min a motorcycle cop comes up and signals me to pull over. I had no idea he had been chaseing me the whole time. he wrote me a speeding in excess of 100mph and cut me loose, he said he never got close enough to me for him to resonabley believe i was tring to evade him. Which i wasnt, never saw the guy. I showed up in court, in uniform and paid my $450 fine. I was on a 2002 cbr 954

A couple years ago in texas, i ran that speed pretty often out in west tx (three sisters). out there i have stopped twice passing a trooper ( mexican fellow, nice guy, only one in the county) around 140-160. both times he let me go after a lengthy discussion. out there the only person who i am gonna hurt is myself, he didnt seem too bothered by the prospect of sponging me off the road someday.

moral of the story, if your going to run that fast, pull the heck over and pay your fines. for me, that speed and fines that go with it are built into the cost of owning a sport bike. got to pay to play... running is just a recipe for death. Last time i pulled over going 100+ cop asked me why i didnt run??? i said i might be stupid for thoese speeds, but not a complete idiot enough to run....paid my fine and moved on.

This officer apprciated the fact that i picked my spots for this type of behaviour. never in traffic or dragging knee's around blind cornors....

Nuke

Last edited:

CWCobra

Established Member
I don't pm with children. and those that send me one have, more often than not, had their stupid displayed in public. it is one way to keep the idiots out of my in box. Don't flatter yourself by thinking you have gotten under my skin you aren't even close

Would you gents kindly take it outside?

chipmonk

Established Member
i dont believe its as impossible as some people say it is. It is very dangerous and very stupid. The last time i was in a chase like this was when i still had my old sti. me and two buddies were out just cruising the streets in it. my buddy was driving my car while i was in the passenger seat (for good reason) and my other buddy was in the back. we came to a red light next to a speedway. There was a sexy woman filling up her jetta at the pump, so naturally i turn to my friend and say "let her ears cum to the music of the ewg". And what happens? he stalls it of course. So he gets his panties in a bunch and starts coming up with excuses either way starts the car and gets on it. As we enter 4th gear we see a cop sitting in a parking lot of a autoparts store that we are currently doing 100+mph past (posted speed limit is 45). So what is the logical thing to do? definitely not run, but we were not thinking logically. We hit about 140-150 up this hill and turn into a neighborhood thinking there is no way the cop got out on the road and caught us. well two seconds later i see headlights coming in behind us, no flashing lights just headlights. i turn to my friend and tell him to get it thats the cop. He responds "there is no way thats him" as the flashing lights come on. Now we just swam up shit creek, we are in a 25mph neighborhood being chased by a cop in a car that sounds like the cracken is being released...O but it gets better. So were doing some auto cross practice in this neighborhood with a cop about 200ft behind us, i hear my phone ringing and for some reason i decide to check to see who it is. Its my other buddie who is on this forum who had his cobra at the time. The conversation went a little like this "are you running from the cops in my neighborhood?" "yup." Not another word was said as he was just listening to the this unfold. we get to the exit of his neighborhood and the street we are about to cross is 4 lanes wide, im sitting here thinking well we are not going to have much time to check for traffic before this cop is all over us again, apparently my friend thought differently ad he did not even slow down and just flew out onto the street and into another neighborhood. now we are thinking this cop doesnt have the package to do that. five seconds later flashing lights are coming into view again. we continue to get it through this neighborhood until we see an exit to a main road. The cop is still chasing us but has not been closer than 200ft or so. we turn out and so does he (this ****er wanted us bad.) the light ahead of us is red on a one lane road with 4-5 cars at the light. im thnking were screwed. My friend slows down and puts us in the curb lane then nails it and blows the redlight. As we check the mirrors the cop has turned around with his tail between his legs. We go home and park the car for the night and thankfully he didnt get my plates. Like i said this was very stupid and i would not recommend doing it. this is the only time i have had a cop actually give me a pursuit. For the record this all happened somewhere in mexico.

Blackness03

Established Member
i dont believe its as impossible as some people say it is. It is very dangerous and very stupid. The last time i was in a chase like this was when i still had my old sti. me and two buddies were out just cruising the streets in it. my buddy was driving my car while i was in the passenger seat (for good reason) and my other buddy was in the back. we came to a red light next to a speedway. There was a sexy woman filling up her jetta at the pump, so naturally i turn to my friend and say "let her ears cum to the music of the ewg". And what happens? he stalls it of course. So he gets his panties in a bunch and starts coming up with excuses either way starts the car and gets on it. As we enter 4th gear we see a cop sitting in a parking lot of a autoparts store that we are currently doing 100+mph past (posted speed limit is 45). So what is the logical thing to do? definitely not run, but we were not thinking logically. We hit about 140-150 up this hill and turn into a neighborhood thinking there is no way the cop got out on the road and caught us. well two seconds later i see headlights coming in behind us, no flashing lights just headlights. i turn to my friend and tell him to get it thats the cop. He responds "there is no way thats him" as the flashing lights come on. Now we just swam up shit creek, we are in a 25mph neighborhood being chased by a cop in a car that sounds like the cracken is being released...O but it gets better. So were doing some auto cross practice in this neighborhood with a cop about 200ft behind us, i hear my phone ringing and for some reason i decide to check to see who it is. Its my other buddie who is on this forum who had his cobra at the time. The conversation went a little like this "are you running from the cops in my neighborhood?" "yup." Not another word was said as he was just listening to the this unfold. we get to the exit of his neighborhood and the street we are about to cross is 4 lanes wide, im sitting here thinking well we are not going to have much time to check for traffic before this cop is all over us again, apparently my friend thought differently ad he did not even slow down and just flew out onto the street and into another neighborhood. now we are thinking this cop doesnt have the package to do that. five seconds later flashing lights are coming into view again. we continue to get it through this neighborhood until we see an exit to a main road. The cop is still chasing us but has not been closer than 200ft or so. we turn out and so does he (this ****er wanted us bad.) the light ahead of us is red on a one lane road with 4-5 cars at the light. im thnking were screwed. My friend slows down and puts us in the curb lane then nails it and blows the redlight. As we check the mirrors the cop has turned around with his tail between his legs. We go home and park the car for the night and thankfully he didnt get my plates. Like i said this was very stupid and i would not recommend doing it. this is the only time i have had a cop actually give me a pursuit. For the record this all happened somewhere in mexico.

Dumbass

I've outran the cops at a beach town down in mexico on a busa back when i was younger but did nothing stupid like running redlights. Tha'ts just not worth the risk.

Planter

Banned
This is all hypothetical...

So lets say your going really fast - maybe 130 on the freeway and pass a state trooper, you see him flip around to pursue you. Now, you can definitely outrun him, but maybe he has a friend up ahead he can radio, you don't want to make a bad situation worse, but at that speed how much worse could it be to just chance it?

Your in deep shit no matter what so are you better off just trying to outrun them and hope for the best? Clearly pulling over is the lesser of two evils if you run and they get you, however I'm curious if both may carry somewhat equal consequences from a legal perspective when all is said and done.

Thanks!

misdemeanor speeding ticket, loss of license for a year (or more in some cases), SR-22, and 3 days in jail.....or felony police evasion plus loss of license for a year, SR-22, higher insurance, probation, restricted driving privileges (i.e. to work only) a couple years in the state penn with Jerry Sandusky as your cell mate, a sore asshole and a felony on your record.

there's 2 options. choose wisely.

tigerhonaker

Established Member
Semi short story.
We are coming back from Beech Bend drag strip many-many yrs. ago.
I was in my 1970 SS Chevelle.
This was not back in 1970 I just happen to own that car at the time.

Moving right along.

Here comes one of the guys from behind us on his Motorcycle.
And he is probably going between 80-90 MPH as I am guessing.
Point being over 70 MPH the posted speed for the interstate.

OOPS on the other side just happens to be coming a KY. State Trooper.
Trooper slows-up and you guessed it hits the medium and Lights-On.
Now he is after the Motorcycle for sure.
Not saying I know the person on the motorcycle but .........
He takes off Big-Time and just disappears.

Here is the end.
Motorcyclist gets off interstate ASAP at next exit.
Gets on the back two lane roads and disappears.

Would I have done that, No.
Oh I use to ride Super Fast Bikes back then as well as my Buddies that were with me in the SS Chevelle.

To each their own but personally I'm not going there.

Terry

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
I would not feel obligated to pull over until I saw lights. The police around me like to wait until they get right behind you to turn the lights on.

I will share one I witnessed about 6 years ago. I was with a friend in a black Toyota Paseo he just bought. We got onto a limited access highway, it was empty, he tops it out to see what it will do and then slows down. His wife was following us but got held up getting onto the highway. So she's playing catch-up in a new (at the time) SE-R. So were cruising along and I see the SE-R in the distance but it's moving. I said it looks like she's hauling ass. Then she blows past us and keeps going. We're wondering what she's doing and then we see the State Trooper coming with the lights on.

She took the first exit and had a big lead. I told my friend to follow the cop but he wouldn't because he thought maybe they clocked him too or possibly mixed up their both black cars. Not what I would have done but oh well. So we pass the exit and take the next one and double back. We couldn't find her and she wasn't answering her phone. We we're really worried, we found her back at their house a complete mess. She got off the exit and coming up to a red light tried to cut through a restaurant parking lot. One small problem, it didn't have a side exit. The cop caught her and dished it out in front of all the patrons eating outside. He left off the evasion and she got an 88 in a 55, along with failure to signal.

Last edited:

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
Lets also think of something else...you becoming road pizza. While your running someone else may pull in front of you, and animal could cross the road, a bus of nuns may be weaving all over, who knows. In a split second some innocent persons life is gone and you're in prison as bubba's bitch. Not to mention if you have a family...the deceased family will surely clean you and your estate out. So why bubba is pounding away at you, your family is homeless and doing whatever they can to make ends meet.

In all honesty I have yet to not catch a person I have chased that society needed caught. Either because they gave up, they wrecked, they became road pizza, or we chased until the wheels fell off. Now I have also quit chasing because it was too dangerous and the crime did not justify the risk to others. Sure people get away with it, but if you want to play Russian roulette go rent a gun and buy a bullet.

Good point. We've had several people die here in the past year while running from cops, mostly on bikes. One was actually on a city street doing 90 in a 40 on a stolen bike and ended up eating a wrought iron fence for his effort. It just ain't worth it.

662HP631TQ

Established Member
Keep it at the track....
I am amazed at the lack of consideration for the rues of the road...It isn't until IT HAPPENS that some learn. I don't mean ticket or jail time, but serious injury or death.

Thats all I am saying and I will say owning a 2013 GT500, The most you'll see me do is 70-80 when appropriate.

Users who are viewing this thread