Running from the Police Question

trc46

Layer of Pipe
Established Member
yeah right. at those speeds any cop that is "really cool" and lets you go should not be a cop and is an idiot to boot.

I find it hard to believe you have the vehicle in your sig. You have a terminator and you're going to try and say you've never done 130? Calling a cop an idiot for understanding someone who is speeding is stupid. You're endangering people when you speed but it gets alot worse when you run, you're going to start driving like an asshole and focus on getting away not making safe deductions. Quiet frankly I'm tired of getting shit from an old man who has nothing better to do then pick apart people on an online forum.

ProchargedSN-95

Sideways at any speed
Established Member
Ive gotten away from city PD back in 07. Just took 700 whp in my termi and knowing the area along with the other guy getting caught, parked the car for about a month as well lol! Just have to get lucky i guess lol!

Unrealford

Established Member
I've duck and hid a few times, but 2x I got away with it. The third time he caught me hiding in somebody's driveway with lights turned off. Gave me a good screaming at and gave me a unsafe start ticket. (. I was at stop sign and spun tires and a few hundred feet ahead he was backing out of his own driveway). I took off over a hill snuck into a driveway and parked by the people's garage next to another car..

Dragu1a

Established Member
Quick story. I was talking with a friend of mine who is a deputy Sheriff. Hes a gear head as well. He was on the highway 65 mph zone. Kid in a Black z06 goes by him roughly 80-85. Other cars are around watching, so he goes to pull him over just to be nice an advise him not to fly by a Sheriff. Kid drops the hammer and runs. His new V6 charger tops out at 120mph according to him. estimated zo6 hit 150 mph plus, and got away. Small town , after a few phone calls, he got the kids number. asked him if he owned a Black Z06, kid says , yes and its been parked all day. Buddy says you can come down to the station and take a ticket for 120 in 65 or we will come get your car. After arguing for a bit, Kid gives in and says . ( yeah Ill Take the Ticket) Goes to show sometimes it pays to stop. you may get a warning.

i would've told your buddy, "sure. let me check with my lawyer first, and i'll call you back."

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I find it hard to believe you have the vehicle in your sig. You have a terminator and you're going to try and say you've never done 130? Calling a cop an idiot for understanding someone who is speeding is stupid. You're endangering people when you speed but it gets alot worse when you run, you're going to start driving like an asshole and focus on getting away not making safe deductions. Quiet frankly I'm tired of getting shit from an old man who has nothing better to do then pick apart people on an online forum.

It's even harder to belive you haven't killed yourself yet. Where did I say I have never done130? Reading comprehension > you. A cop that let's some off at that speed is an idiot. There I said it again. Quite frankly i dont give a shit what you are tired of you could die tomorrow and my day would not be spoiled in the least.

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
i would've told your buddy, "sure. let me check with my lawyer first, and i'll call you back."

Cops can do investigations. They might do it for someone who evades them. They can lie to you during the investigation, and the kid essentially admitted fault, likely over the phone and not while in custody. Absent other circumstances, lawyer would say, take the ticket.. that sounds like a golden deal compared to what it could be! Just be careful when you go to the station to take your ticket, they could still arrest you lol.

BlownAway05

Established Member
Recently while driving home, at 4 PM, in rush hour traffic. I arrived at my house, pulled into my driveway and started to look at my phone. As I'm sitting there lookin' at my phone (because I don't do so while driving) An officer pulls up behind me in my driveway, and 3 others follow suit. He comes up to my window, asks for my license and registration, and why I was going so fast. I responded I didn't know what he was talking about, but I gave him my info. He said "92 in a 55". And went back to his car. Another officer asks me to step out of my car, he touches me in places I haven't been touched in years, then asks if I have anything illegal in the car. I told him no, he can look if he wanted to. Long story short, I receive a citation for Exceeding maximum speed, Prudent speed, Reckless driving, and negligent driving. 4 offenses that total over 1,000 dollars and enough points to suspend my license twice. That's what I'm dealing with now.

How were you doing 92mph in rush hour traffic?? I think most people feel lucky if they are capable of getting up to the speed limit during rush hour.

czwalga00gt

Rx7 Soul Destructor
Established Member
You run away from the police on the highway and you will likely end up in a crash or in the back of his cruiser. How many people do you know or have heard of who made a clean escape? Not too many. Therefore, it's better to make the logical choice to pull over and simplify the situation.

I know a guy that gets in cop chases for fun. Regularly cruises at 130+ on florida highways and around columbus when he's up north.

Also stole a cop car and drove it around for a night. This was about 10 years ago though. The video is kinda amusing, him and his passenger were talking like kermit the frog over the loud speaker as they were passing people.

trc46

Layer of Pipe
Established Member
It's even harder to belive you haven't killed yourself yet. Where did I say I have never done130? Reading comprehension > you. A cop that let's some off at that speed is an idiot. There I said it again. Quite frankly i dont give a shit what you are tired of you could die tomorrow and my day would not be spoiled in the least.

I'm sure alot less people would care about your undoing. Where did you say you've never done 130?Maybe it's the fact that you act like doing that speed is ridiculously stupid? You think everyone else is an idiot for doing stuff that you yourself are guilty of. Why is it hard to believe I'm still alive? LMFAO

Lethal302

Roar
Established Member
I know a guy that gets in cop chases for fun. Regularly cruises at 130+ on florida highways and around columbus when he's up north.

Also stole a cop car and drove it around for a night. This was about 10 years ago though. The video is kinda amusing, him and his passenger were talking like kermit the frog over the loud speaker as they were passing people.

lol is this serious? Where is this video?

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I'm sure alot less people would care about your undoing. Where did you say you've never done 130?Maybe it's the fact that you act like doing that speed is ridiculously stupid? You think everyone else is an idiot for doing stuff that you yourself are guilty of. Why is it hard to believe I'm still alive? LMFAO
more proof that you are incapable of reading and understanding the English language. Too bad this isn't smackdown.

2001GTTT

Yellow is faster
Established Member
got away from a certain pd in NJ years ago in my old gt, there was a huge six lane highway going out of the city that was my only hope, as my car could go quite a bit faster than those old police impalas. It was stupid and I was scared to death, havent done it again and never will.

Last edited:

czwalga00gt

Rx7 Soul Destructor
Established Member
lol is this serious? Where is this video?

Obviously i'm not going to post any videos of anything recent he's done.

This was the one and only time he was caught, which was 10 years ago. The person that dropped them off eventually ratted on him. He's learned, cop chases are fun for him, but like anything if you never get caught it gets boring.

Google for dublin steals "cop car", there's a 2 part video of him on the news; they show some of the in car.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
Years back when I was in my teens I had this exact situation happen several times in my old home town. 120+ and pass a cop parked in the median or doing 75mph the other direction. At that speed they wont catch you as long as you exit the highway at the next exit. I would pass the officer and regardless of if he chased me or not I would maintain my speed. I would take the next exit and get to my destination some other way and if he chased then I would take it faster if traffic was clear(not much traffic in my home town) and go hide somewhere for half an hour. Stupid I know. Im glad I grew out of that stage. Now I would not even consider running. Not worth killing myself of someone else over a ticket. Do the crime then do the time.

Blackness03

Established Member
if you pass a cop going the other direction, and then take the next turn and hammer down, then hide. is that considered running if he never gets behind you with the lights on?

highcompression

...who ?
Established Member
But back to answer your original question...130 in Ohio will get you a nice fine and the judge may suspend your license. Reckless Operation in Ohio is now no different than any other moving violation, so it is no big deal. Fleeing on an open roadway with no dangers will get you a misdemeanor and up to 6 months in jail. Traffic on the roadway and you cause, almost cause, or look like you could have caused an accident and it is a felony. Which means you are going to prison and the PD could seize your car.

So, you're saying "if" I'm going 130 (say in a 65) in Ohio .... clean, sober, pull over immeaditely, and be dead honest, ....... I drive off with a ticket (understandably a hefty one) ?

If this is the case, I'd never consider running. For some reason I just see myself getting pulled out of car gunpoint, car impounded, to jail ..... maybe I have been misled ?

Now c'mon, lets all be honest. I believe about every person in this thread and on the board has dropped the hammer before (exceeding the posted limit). Not something I do all the time, family man, good job, etc. The cobras only see about 1000-2000 miles a year, but you all know it's so godamn fun to hear the Eaton cry once in a while (in a "semi-controlled" enviroment). :beer:

FiveSpeed

Established Member
So, you're saying "if" I'm going 130 (say in a 65) in Ohio .... clean, sober, pull over immeaditely, and be dead honest, ....... I drive off with a ticket (understandably a hefty one) ?

If this is the case, I'd never consider running. For some reason I just see myself getting pulled out of car gunpoint, car impounded, to jail ..... maybe I have been misled ?

Now c'mon, lets all be honest. I believe about every person in this thread and on the board has dropped the hammer before (exceeding the posted limit). Not something I do all the time, family man, good job, etc. The cobras only see about 1000-2000 miles a year, but you all know it's so godamn fun to hear the Eaton cry once in a while (in a "semi-controlled" enviroment). :beer:

I agree. I've always never considered running because I could also see myself at gun point for doing 100+ lol. I've never gotten a ticket but have been pulled over a few times with warnings.

My last one was on a freeway and a guy was hogging up the left lane doing 10 under as cars were evenly spaced out in the cruise lane. Finally a spot opens up and I drop it down a gear and hit it. Just as I pass him I'm doing roughly 95'sh in a 70 when a Sheriff going the opposite way turns his lights on and dives down into the center median after me. At this point I figure I'm screwed beyond recognition and instantly slow down and pull over before he can even get behind me. Sheriff walks up and asks for the usual. He never left my window and just told me to slow it down and that he appreciates me stopping right away as he gives me props on the new 5.0. :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread