RXT w\ STOCK FLY-Wheel and Throw-Out, or RXT Clutch w\ Mcleod Flywheel and 07-09 tob?

ShiftyThePirate

Established Member
Just to confirm, the 2011-2014 GT500s can use this 6975-07M p/n WITHOUT having to replace to a 07-09 slave/TOB?

Will the flywheel need to be machined or is it a straight bolt in installation?

Straight bolt, apparently it uses a plate that bolts onto the stock fly-wheel so you don't have to machine the stock fly-wheel or replace it (which is why I got it after talking on the phone with VMP) And no, you do not need the older 07-09 TOB.

You can also NOT use after-market fly-wheels with the 10-13 Mcleod, not that it matters much though since you are just bolting onto it.

Also it only says 2010-13, no '14 for some reason.

Last edited:

ShiftyThePirate

Established Member
Thanks Shifty! Now I just have to get my Mesa amp sold and I can buy this thing. lol

Hah, no problem. I just dropped off all the parts including the Mcleod RXT today at Ford and they said it should be done within half a day, 4-6 hours of labor.

I'm hoping this makes the car a lot more fun to drive, a new TOB\Slave and Pilot bearing are all going in as well, even though Ford says its not needed, I want to make sure everything is like butter. ;-)

ShiftyThePirate

Established Member
Well! Just got it back and have only put about 15 miles on it. The RXT compared to the stock engages 1.5-2 inches off the floor rather than almost COMPLETELY off the the clutch pedal, which I like a lot I just have to adjust my seat a lot haha.

Way softer pedal, I'd say like a 30-40% reduction in clutch pedal weight as well compared to stock.

Clutch does not seem to chatter, though it lets you know if you aren't giving enough rpms for sure (stutters going forward), as I said only driven the car for 15 miles, so I'm not used to a clutch that engages near the bottom, when the stock always engaged near the top.

Anyway I'll report back again after the break-in and getting used to this new clutch. Everything feels wickedly smooth compared to the stock clutch, but I am just not use to such a low engagement when the stock one engages right at the top.

Labor 700$, installed by Ford. Did have to get the fly-wheel resurfaced, labor also included the braided steel clutch line.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread