S-197 seats for my SN-95 Cobra

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
Adding +05 and newer seats is something that I really want to do, great write up!

00_silvergt

Established Member
Which seats are more comfortable in your opinion? The seats in my 97 cobra are more comfy than the seats i had in the mustang gt's

mwolson

Gray beard
Established Member
I find the S-197 seats to be more comfortable, although your results may vary.

I recommend sitting in a 2005-2010 car, and maybe even driving it before you decide to do this.

Last edited:

65x2

Resident Hippie
Established Member
Mind my asking what your plans for your rear seat is? My pops Cobra has Saddle/Black and his front seats are in similar shape.

mwolson

Gray beard
Established Member
The rear seats are in near perfect condition, since they are almost never used, so I don't see any reason to change them.

DOHCscreamer

Established Member
nice writeup. seats look good and now you have headrests that will actually help prevent whiplash in case you are rear ended. i was rear ended hard in my old cobra and had bad whiplash because the headrests in our cars are useless. its one of the reasons i want to do a seat swap myself.

mwolson

Gray beard
Established Member
After having driven for a few days with these new seats, I can report that the seat bottom feels a little harder than my stock seats, and they feel like I am sitting a bit higher than stock. But I still find them very comfortable.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
After having driven for a few days with these new seats, I can report that the seat bottom feels a little harder than my stock seats, and they feel like I am sitting a bit higher than stock. But I still find them very comfortable.

Is it the seats which make the seating position higher or the adapters?

mwolson

Gray beard
Established Member
I don't think the adapters add much more than about 1/8". And it doesn't feel like it raises me up that much when I am sitting in the car. But I did hit my head once getting into the car, which may be why I have the impression it is a bit higher.

I should have measured the distance between the headliner and the seat cushion before and after the swap. Maybe on of you could lower your stock seat all the way and measure from the back of the seat bottom to the headliner.

Mine is 36.5" with the new seats.

Users who are viewing this thread