?'s for those of you diagnosed with Tick

n0xlf

Established Member
Originally posted by hmwave
lawsuits cost money.

you want to start? :)

If you can find an attorney that thinks he can win the case as a class action, they'll do it for free because they would be able to recover costs from Ford...

Good luck finding that person...

Kysnake03

Established Member
Tick

I had my car in for a really loud tick last wk, they had it for 2 days and added 10 miles , the tick went away with them not doing anything. They said it was a stuck lifter, and it broke lose. They then told me after talking to SVT , that there was a new head coming out soon. I am suppose to call back in 2 wks , and they will ck the oasis report then, to see if they are ready to ship. So I dont know if they were BS me or not. Its running fine now, no tick!

FordFreak

Established Member
Re: Tick

Originally posted by Kysnake03
I had my car in for a really loud tick last wk, they had it for 2 days and added 10 miles , the tick went away with them not doing anything. They said it was a stuck lifter, and it broke lose. They then told me after talking to SVT , that there was a new head coming out soon. I am suppose to call back in 2 wks , and they will ck the oasis report then, to see if they are ready to ship. So I dont know if they were BS me or not. Its running fine now, no tick!

Yes they are BSing you. They are checking the oasis report to see if the head is ready to ship?? haha Thats so BS. Oasis gives vehicle repair history and thats it.

Also I have talked with SVT numerous times about a head replacement. They told me Ford is NOT making a replacement head. They told me they are not making anymore engines and are working full steam ahead on the 05 stuff.

:cuss:

venams03

Established Member
RCR,

I've had the MIL eliminators on since I installed the 3" QMP X-pipe and catback, about 15 months ago. No SES light until now

I guess I have to take it in to replace the 02 sensor..

rcrx66

Established Member
Here's the latest.
Since the "fix" didn't obviously work, I am know getting a new motor. :thumbsup:

What do you guys think... should I install the Apten cooling mod, just in case?

shanker

Cheesecake FTW!
Established Member
why hasn't someone turned this into a lawsuit yet?

Mostly because its just a noise. I have yet to se a study that shows that it hurts power or performance. This noise isnt exclusive to the '03\'04 DOHC motor either. Even if th head is replaced it comes back for some people.

We're basically left with "live with it or get rid of it". I've seen and heard a few vids of the "tick" but all of them sounded different to me. Which leads me to think that not everyone that thinks they have the tick actually does.

513SPEED

Established Member
Easy way to hear it is pick up a mechanics stethescope from an auto parts shop - put it on the second bank from the firewall - ticktickticktick

LCCOBRA

Established Member
Re: Tick

Originally posted by Kysnake03

"2weeks" :lol: but i'm about to add pulley's and I don't think I have the tick but even if I did their's no fix. I wonder if my shop can drop the tran for the apten cooling mod that seems to do the trick. But will adding pulley's that will add extra heat cause more problems? I got the gords unit to try and help with those issues and avoide the tick if at all possible. Keep us posted as ford knows their's a problem but does nothing and that's bs for the amount of money that we pay.

Users who are viewing this thread