#'s To expect

MuscleHead

Banned
Hey all, i'm most likely looking into buying a terminator. Just had a quick question. let's say I have a bone stock 2004 cobra. What RWHP #'s would i be expecting with..

JLT cold air intake
SLP LM'1 Catback
Bassani catted midpipe
BBK long tube headers
Accufab Throttle body

Thanks guys!

2 SLOW

Keepin' it real
Established Member
430rwhp maybe??

I say get one and get back to us on what it makes! You won't regret it. I just got into a 04 two nights ago and am loving it.

FredK'03Cobra

Established Member
First, stop thinking of a Cobra as an LT1. Don't bother with headers, and SLP is for extinct Bowties. Go with a Billetflow pulley setup, and a good professional tune. That with just about any cat-back and intake will net you 450-475hp & 460-490tq at the rears.

MuscleHead

Banned
FredK'03Cobra said:
First, stop thinking of a Cobra as an LT1. Don't bother with headers, and SLP is for extinct Bowties. Go with a Billetflow pulley setup, and a good professional tune. That with just about any cat-back and intake will net you 450-475hp & 460-490tq at the rears.

what's wrong with headers and SLP loudmouth? :shrug:

2 SLOW

Keepin' it real
Established Member
MuscleHead said:
what's wrong with headers and SLP loudmouth? :shrug:

Headers aren't as a helpful mod on these motors as a lt1 or ls1. SLP Loudmouth has never gotten that much respect from the car community with good reasoning...it has no real sound/tone to it. Just drone.

AllVenom

Established Member
2 SLOW said:
Headers aren't as a helpful mod on these motors as a lt1 or ls1. SLP Loudmouth has never gotten that much respect from the car community with good reasoning...it has no real sound/tone to it. Just drone.

I'd have to agree with the headers statement, but your crazy about SLP. I have it with a Bassani X and I love the sound it produces. So does everyone I ever drive by. It only drones in 6th gear, and 80mph quickly erases that. You'll get drone with most exhaust systems out there, get used to it unless you want to be stock.

Headers = waste of money. They are a pita to install and do not produce any real increase in our Terminators. Put the money into porting your Eaton and getting a 4lb lower.

corpsedub

Mighty Trust Krusher
Established Member
2 SLOW said:

not on your life. no drone, just blatty badass rumble. yea, it may be chebbie stuff. but that all goes out the window when you step on the loud pedal. :coolman:

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
2 SLOW said:

...and thats why people have made 22rwhp with Bassani Mid-Lengths on the dyno :thumbsup:

04torchred

Established Member
Headers are not a waste. Many have been seeing 20rwhp from them, many people just whine that cannot install them. They may not make sick peak gains, but will fatten up your entire curve. Get whatever catback you like, the JLT CAI is what I am running and I would recommend it to anyone.

whocares

Established Member
Headers will pick the car up some, but it's not really a good "bang for the buck" mod. For less money you could do a CAI, cat back(they all make about the same power so pick the sound you want) a pulley and tune. That will make more power and a lot more torque. Those mods would get you around 450/450 :beer:

MuscleHead

Banned
Thanks guys.. that's the kinda info i was looking for and needed.. yeah, first thing i'm getting is a CAI then exhaust pullies. MAYYBEE headers.

Thanks guys

FredK'03Cobra

Established Member
04cobracop said:
I have longtubes on my 04' cobra and made AWESOME power!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh really? "AWESOME" on the order of 100ft/lbs increase in torque? If not, and we all know that headers alone will not add that much, then the pulley and tune is a much more economical route to more power than headers will provide.

04cobracop

Established Member
Hey guys,

Before everyone gets their boxes in a knot came down. I noticed a large increase in power, when I installed my ported blower with longtubes. Now that we got that out of the way, If I had to pick from just longtubes and a pulley with tune, Any idiot we know that a pulley with tune willl give WAY more power than just longtubes. If MuscleHead is going to install a ported blower later down the road, then longtubes would be a good idea. This is just my opinion, It's like an A$%hole everyone has one!!!!!!!!!LOL.

whocares

Established Member
I think the headers are a worth while mod, I was just trying to say I would do a pulley and tune first. I not bashing them, hell I have headers on mine :banana:

Last edited:

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
Some like headers....some don't. Since the gains are similar to what you get from a decent cat back, but they cost more and are a PITA to install, the bang-for-the-buck crowd usually doesn't bother. Some like making a little more power on less boost. Some don't like them because they can have a tendency to leak, etc. Some like them because they are looking for every last drop of power they can get. Doing your homework, which you obviously are, is a good idea. If you do a search on headers, you'll find lots of info. You might want to read some more before making a decision. Here's a couple links:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243403&highlight=headers
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208309&highlight=headers

Users who are viewing this thread