#'s To expect

FredK'03Cobra

Established Member
Black2003Cobra said:
Some like headers....some don't.

I don't really look at it as a matter of like or dislike. Over 20 years ago with my '82 GT, you got a set of headers, a dual exhaust, and a 4bbl manifold and carb. That got you going.
The original poster is a bowtie guy with a V-6 Camaro. His plan of attack seems to track with what anyone familiar with LT1s and LS1s would do to start out. Cobras are different, and the plan for modifying them should be and is different. Headers show gains and are a worth-while thing, eventually. IMO, they shouldn't be bothered with until you've already picked all the low hanging fruit available.

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
That’s correct. A naturally aspired engine responds quite differently to volumetric efficiency changes, than a motor with a P-D blower as I mentioned in one of those threads I linked to. There is a more detailed, technical explanation in this reference thread:
http://www.modularfords.com/forums/...positive-displacement-supercharger-42268.html

Regardless of how you yourself look at it, one will still find those that like them and those that don’t. No offense...that's just the way it is.

Users who are viewing this thread