S-Trim to SI-TRIM

tropicmustang

Established Member
Guys getting the Vortech back freshly upgraded to the SI- trim over the S-trim. You guys think i will notice a difference? The impeller seems to be far superior tothe the s-trim and pumps out 150cfm more and is a lot more efficient.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
You should definitely see higher Boost numbers, about 6 months ago MM&FF did the same thing you did, they dyno'd a car with a S-Trim then sent it out for the Si upgrade and the numbers were impressive!

THAITED

Established Member
Congrats on the new upgrade on your blower, hope to see some more power on your graph. Btw, where about do you live in the Bay?

tropicmustang

Established Member
I live in concord. Near walnut creek. Hopefully ill see the 12psi i planned on before with the 3.125 pulley lol. Im pretty sure the reason why i only had those low boost levels was because the impeller was screwed up.

THAITED

Established Member
I live in concord. Near walnut creek. Hopefully ill see the 12psi i planned on before with the 3.125 pulley lol. Im pretty sure the reason why i only had those low boost levels was because the impeller was screwed up.

That's probably it, my S/C should be coming back from a repair sometime this week. I could hardly wait to install it and drive my car. Do you know Boss 32v? He lives in Hayward as for me I live in San Jose. I'm thinking maybe we all can hook up and go for a cruise or something. Oh I forgot 98 Saleen also lives around my area too.

THAITED

Established Member
Got my car running but the blower pulley still not align quite well with idler and alternator pulleys. I will re-do it tomorrow.

THAITED

Established Member
Kool :beer: You should feel more power. Mine has ceramic bearings upgraded good for 60Krpm. Surprisingly, it runs more quieter than the stock bearings.

tropicmustang

Established Member
My old s trim impeller wasnt building any boost because the impeller came in contact with the housing and pretty much caused a big boost leak. Im not going to do a full run just checking to see if the boost jumps up then i will stop.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
I found the back issue I was talking about, here's the numbers, 96 Cobra with a forged shortblock.. before and after dyno runs done on the same day..
4500rpm: S-7.5lbs,Si-10.5
5000rpm: S-9.2lbs,Si-12.8
5500rpm: S-11.8lbs,Si-15.3
6000rpm: S-14.3lbs,Si-17.7
6500rpm:S-16.2lbs,Si-19.0
These were a combined average of 4 runs with the S and three with the Si

tropicmustang

Established Member
Nice that is very impressive gains. I just talked to my tuner and he said just make sure i don't go past 15 psi. He said the comp will compensate for the extra air flow. Im pretty sure i will be good. Gonna be heading down next week to get it checked out anyways. Will be installing in a few hours.

tropicmustang

Established Member
Guys got the blower on and all seems to be doing well. feels like the boost builds up faster but im having a little problem that i found my bypass valve is leaking. idk how to fic it either i tightned up the adjustment screw to try and get a little more pressure on it to seal but idk.

THAITED

Established Member
Guys got the blower on and all seems to be doing well. feels like the boost builds up faster but im having a little problem that i found my bypass valve is leaking. idk how to fic it either i tightned up the adjustment screw to try and get a little more pressure on it to seal but idk.

Is it a Bosch BPV or Vortech mini race vale? If you are running 15 psi, ditch the Bosch and get a Vortech mini bypass, good up to 20 psi.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread