s197 flow's have the same classic flow sound?

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
was wondering about exhausts on the 05 ups',

does the flow axleback have that classic flow sound?

also, as far as offroad pipe, what about just cutting out the cats?

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Cutting out the cats is going to be just as good. I have an offroad H and compared to the factory it is exact. The 05+ exhaust is pretty efficient and completely mandrel bent from tip to tip. As far as the flows, they sound similar but not like a Fox with an o/r H and 2 chambers (god I miss that sound). The problem with the new cars is the sound is hard to get used to, as the mufflers not being under the car, don't give a lot of people the sound they want.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Red Turtle said:
Cutting out the cats is going to be just as good. I have an offroad H and compared to the factory it is exact. The 05+ exhaust is pretty efficient and completely mandrel bent from tip to tip. As far as the flows, they sound similar but not like a Fox with an o/r H and 2 chambers (god I miss that sound). The problem with the new cars is the sound is hard to get used to, as the mufflers not being under the car, don't give a lot of people the sound they want.

do you mean with the offroad h, your sound didn't deepen at all?

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
Yeah any O/R H-pipe is gonna make a big diffrence. My setup is an O/R H-pipe with 1-chamber flows. and it is loud, check out my sig for a sound clip.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
BLOWN PONY said:
Yeah any O/R H-pipe is gonna make a big diffrence. My setup is an O/R H-pipe with 1-chamber flows. and it is loud, check out my sig for a sound clip.

Your sound clip is not going to sound anything like an 05'.

Yes beefcake, it deepens the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread