Sad Cobra R

GaryGrimm

Established Member
11-07_1.jpg

JoeJ

Established Member
The picture of #466 Cobra R is a picture of my car after it caught fire while on the track at Miller Motorsport Park. It would have burn up completely if not for the quick response of the fire teams at Miller. The car has been repaired and is better than new. I will attach a picture of the car at a recent event at Texas World Speedway. I now have over 15,000 track miles on the car and it still runs great.

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
That 00R with the radio was CobraKidz's R. That car was SO clean and nice when he owned it. It was THRASHED by the new owner. I feel horrible for that car.

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
I sure miss that exhaust sound in 00R 160.......The radio was a godsend on our two trips to the Knott's show, I could not have gone all weekend (1000+) miles w/o a radio. As far as his video, I have 2 suggestions: 1) clean the wheels. 2) pull off the road all the way.

GaryGrimm

Established Member
It must be tough seeing your old car get abused! I get attached to everything I own, so I can guess how you feel. After they run your car into the ground maybe you can buy it back for pennys on the dollar and restore it?
Gary

Joe- great work on 466! What sparked your fire? What wheels are you running now?

JoeJ

Established Member
Gary,

The fuel cell pressured up and blew out the filler neck from the cell. An electric solenoid which regulates pressure in the fuel cell malfunctioned which caused the fuel cell to over pressure. I have now eliminated the solenoid and now only have a vent and rollover check valve on the fuel cell.
I am running 18 x 10 CCW wheels.

JoeJ

Established Member
Robert,

My my but that brings back some memories. It was time to get the heck out of that car. Hopefully, no one else will have something like that to happen to them. The main outcome was that no one was hurt and the car is back like new.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Robert,

My my but that brings back some memories. It was time to get the heck out of that car. Hopefully, no one else will have something like that to happen to them. The main outcome was that no one was hurt and the car is back like new.

I thought maybe you had it insured for some Big $$$ and were doing cartwheels while chanting, "Burn baby Burn"............

All kidding aside, yes, no one was hurt, that was the biggest concern. The track worker with fire extinguisher saved that 00R from getting to the point of beyond repair.

R

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
It must be tough seeing your old car get abused! I get attached to everything I own, so I can guess how you feel. After they run your car into the ground maybe you can buy it back for pennys on the dollar and restore it?
Gary

I take great care of all my cars, so it was a little tough seeing it get abused. Maybe when the values bottom out I can get it or another to fill that empty place in my heart...haha

flattrack53

Established Member
I sure miss that exhaust sound in 00R 160.......The radio was a godsend on our two trips to the Knott's show, I could not have gone all weekend (1000+) miles w/o a radio. As far as his video, I have 2 suggestions: 1) clean the wheels. 2) pull off the road all the way.

For a second, I thought he powder coated the wheels a graphite until I saw the rear ones.

Users who are viewing this thread