Sadly must sell my project car, but how should i do it?

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
Hey guys, sadly I have to sell my project car :( I dont want to at all, but some stuff came up and its just the smarter move right now. I need some suggestions tho. Should I sell the whole project together to see if someone wants to finish it? Or should I just part everything out seperately?

Currently the car is basically a rolling chassis with no engine or tranny in it. i have EVERYTHING needed to finish the car except for a good shortblock with a nice rotating assembly in it. I have my old block, crank, rods and pistons but they are apart and its just cheaper to buy an already assembled forged shortblock. i have the gaskets, pumps, bolts, heads, tranny, motor mounts, etc etc.....most of which is brand new.

So someone could buy everything as a whole and finish it. Would be a badass car for sure. Or I could just sell everything individually and sell the car as a rolling chassis.

Thoughts?

Im leaning toward just parting it out, but wanted opinions first.

usmotox

Living the Dream!
Established Member
If you do a part out all the desirable stuff will sell and then you are left with the run of the mill items. Just my thoughts :)

itSSlow98

Established Member
You will definetly recoup more money selling everything individually. Whether you have the patience to do that is up to you.

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
Here it is:

03 Mach 1 with 80000 miles on the chassis. Good frame, has accident but only 5 mph cosmetic damage to bumper. Has no motor or tranny in it right now, but thats all thats missing from it. Brakes are Rotor pro zinc plated cross drilled/slotted rotors all the way around with Hawk Ceramic brake pads. Rotors and pads have about 7k miles on them. Wheels are 18x9 and 18x10 Deep dish Black chrome bullitts wrapped in 315 Toyo Proxes R888s (rears are at the wear bars) Fronts are wrapped in 245 Toyo Proxes R888s (just bought the front tires two months ago. Only 500 miles or so on them) Wheels have zero curb rash. Car has cobra front and rear bumpers. The rear bumper is cracked on the passenger side where some ass hole ran into the back of the car while it was parked and took off without leaving any info. Interior, suspension and rearend are all stock, but it does have 4.10s in the rear.

Thats the rolling chassis.

Then I have a whole slew of new parts that I bought with the intention of building a bad ass posi eaton setup, but things came up and now I need to sell everything :( The only thing needed to finish it is a shortblock with rotating assembly. I have all gaskets, bolts, mounts, pumps, etc, etc.

The brand new stuff:

MMR Stage 3 ported heads, bronze guides, SS forged valves, manley springs, 5 angle valve job

Magnaflow Magnapack catback

Posi race ported eaton refreshed, new oil and ready to go with port matched TB and plenum

Stewart Mechanical water pump

Melling Billet gear oil pump

Felpro gasket set (heads, oil pan, etc)

New seals

Division X dual bearing idler set (black)

Billetflow 2.76 upper

Custom 4 lb lower with stock cage retained (billet aluminum)

AFCO Dual Pass pro series heat exchanger

JABSCO Cyclone 30 GPM Intercooler pump

New A/C Line (one was busted)

Urethane Motor Mounts

Metco 3.5" Alternator pulley

Set of 8 NGK BR7EF Spark plugs

Ford Motorcraft Fuel Filter

FRPP Header Gaskets

All above stuff is brand new except for the posi race ported eaton had 5k miles, but was refreshed. The 4 lb caged lower also had 5k miles but was refreshed with a new bearing and it looks new.

The used stuff:

Mach 1 windsor block bored .030 over and ARP Main studs

Set of 8 Manley H Beam rods, all perfect and straight

Stock Forged crank, fine but needs a .010 hone (bearings roughed it up alittle bit)

Complete eaton swap (with a stock eaton and 3.1 upper and stock lower)

D&D Performance 3650 rebuilt to hold 400 lb ft of tq (comes with pro 5.0 short throw)

ARP Head studs, cam bolts and harmonic balancer bolt

Pacesetter ceramic coated 1 and 5/8" longtube headers with 3" collectors w/ matching off road X pipe (EGR Tube welded closed)

Start n charge 160 amp alternator

Stock set of 03/04 cobra/mach 1 heads with stock cams in place. (need a valvetrain rebuild, but otherwise fine)

Full set of 98 cobra intake and exhaust cams

Stock 03 Mach 1 Gas tank with svt focus pump

39 lb/hr cobra injectors

Centerforce Billet Steel flywheel (will be freshly turned)

Spec Stage 3 clutch (Friction plate doesnt seem to have much life left in it, but was grabby as ever when pulled apart)

C&L Aluminum CAI with 110 mm MAF and spectre filter with heat shield

Canton Windage tray

Stock oil pan and oil pickup modified to fit windage tray

Thats just about everything. Might be missing afew things, but thats all the major stuff.

Last edited:

oldmodman

Established Member
If you do want to part it out should I start the flood of "I wants" here?

Custom 4 lb lower with stock cage retained (billet aluminum) depending on whose this is. I have one with a 2 pound pulley on it but wouldn't mind another. Since the guy that made the only ones I know about decided not to make any more.
FRPP Header Gaskets

ARP Head studs, cam bolts and harmonic balancer bolt. Are these all ARP products?

Start n charge 160 amp alternator Will this alt fit the 03 Cobra? Or is it the top mounted alternator?

If you decide to sell it whole then...............................nevermind.

itSSlow98

Established Member
Definetly part it or keep it. No way would I sell it as a package unless you get a ridiculous offer which you wont.

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
If you do want to part it out should I start the flood of "I wants" here?

Custom 4 lb lower with stock cage retained (billet aluminum) depending on whose this is. I have one with a 2 pound pulley on it but wouldn't mind another. Since the guy that made the only ones I know about decided not to make any more.
FRPP Header Gaskets

ARP Head studs, cam bolts and harmonic balancer bolt. Are these all ARP products?

Start n charge 160 amp alternator Will this alt fit the 03 Cobra? Or is it the top mounted alternator?

If you decide to sell it whole then...............................nevermind.

Its an 03 Cobra Alternator.....The whole setup is 03/04 cobra. Its only mach 1 in name, looks, SRA, tranny and aluminum block......

Yes, the cam bolts and harmonic balancer bolt are ARP as well.

Im going to setup a thread in the market under terminator parts buy/sell. Ill price everything there. I can provide photos too, but only on request because there are way too many parts to post photos of everything.

PM Me if you are seriously interested. Ill sell the eaton swap as complete. I wont part that out.

The 4 lb caged lower should be from the same guy that did your 2 lb lower. Was the guy that started making them here on svtp........forget his screen name. Started with a W?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread