Safety/Legality of Extended Reach Lugs

SBVERT03

Established Member
Hey guys,

So I recently bought some Bogarts for my cobra to try out the track. The fronts are 15x3.5 and have a spacer welded on the back to clear the front breaks. The previous owner sent me some extended reach lug nuts to allow them to work with stock length studs.

My question is how safe are these studs, and will they pass tech inspection at the track? They studs do not extend out through the open end of the studs, but it does seem like they are engaged with plenty of threads due to their extended design. However I have never ran a drag setup or this style of lug before.

Thanks!

oldmodman

Established Member
Unfortunately, each track is different.

Some will require that they can see the length of the studs with an open lug nut. Others won't. Generally if you are running stock appearing wheels (AFS qualify) they won't even think about it.

SBVERT03

Established Member
Unfortunately these are Bogart RTs with a bias ply skinny. Lol. I'd rather not put extended studs up front just because the car is on CCW's 99% of the time and I'm just not a fan of the look of extended studs with street wheels in the front.

Looks like I might have to buy some 17 inch front runners. Anybody know if the stock studs work fine with the 17" SVE drag fronts?

94slowbra1

Established Member
i dont know about the legality of running them but you want to make sure you have at least 6 full threads engaged and you should good

SBVERT03

Established Member
Yeah I'd say there's probably around 10 threads or so engaged. Just a big gap between the end of the stud and the opening of the lug though.

Users who are viewing this thread