SAI sale on Wilwood Front and Rear Big Brake Kits 2007-14 Shelby GT500'S!!! (Big Sale)

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
Just picked up an extra set of front and rear wilwood big brake kits from SAI. These wont last long at these prices!! Big Sale

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
That's actually a stupid good deal on those wilwood brakes. I'm half tempted to buy a set.
I wasnt looking for brake kits either.Im always hunting for some SS parts!! But at that price, its a steal. 2600.00 on wilwood site.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I wasnt looking for brake kits either.Im always hunting for some SS parts!! But at that price, its a steal. 2600.00 on wilwood site.
I'm with you on that, I think I just need to buy a real 13/14 super snake lol.

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm with you on that, I think I just need to buy a real 13/14 super snake lol.
I think what you have is just as good if not better than a super snake in many ways @2011 gtcs !! Super Snakes are conversation pieces and show cars......and nothing more my friend.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Just picked up an extra set of front and rear wilwood big brake kits from SAI. These wont last long at these prices!! Big Sale

I'll ask the dumb question:
Will these fit my Modulare H9 wheels ? I remember a wheel discussion on this site, & one of the members stated " some " Mfg. big brake kit wouldn't fit, can't remember if it was Wilwood ??
If they will fit, looks like an early Christmas for me !!

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Will these fit my Modulare H9 wheels ? I remember a wheel discussion on this site, & one of the members stated " some " Mfg. big brake kit wouldn't fit, can't remember if it was Wilwood ??
I believe these should fit your modulare H9 @1 Alibi 2. Wilwood contact Call (805) 388-1188 * These wont last long Don at this price!! They should fit anything larger than 18" rim with or without BMR relocation control brackets.

Kit Summary
Spindle Type:Factory Disc Spindle
Mount Type:Radial
Caliper Type:6 - Red Powder Coat
Rotor Diameter:14.00
Min Wheel Diameter Req'd*:18
*This Brake Kit may fit 18-inch wheels. Please refer to the wheel clearance diagram to check to see if it will fit your specific wheel. Wheel Clearance Diagram

Wilwood Front Brake Kit - Vehicle Compatibility Listing

BRAKE KIT:
AERO6 Big Brake Front Brake Kit
Spindle Type:
Factory Disc Spindle

VEHICLE MAKE
VEHICLE MODELS
Ford
Ford Mustang 2007-2009 All, Except Shelby GT500
Ford
Ford Mustang 2008 All, Except Shelby GT500 & Bullit
Ford
Ford Mustang 2014 Base
Ford
Ford Mustang 2005-2013 Base Models
Ford
Ford Mustang 2012-2013 Boss 302
Ford
Ford Mustang 2008 Bullit
Ford
Ford Mustang 2005-2013 GT Models
Ford
Ford Mustang 2011-2012 GT Models w/ Performance Brakes
Ford
Ford Mustang 2011-2012 GT Models w/o Performance Brakes
Ford
Ford Mustang 2014 GT w/ Brembo Brakes
Ford
Ford Mustang 2014 GT w/o Brembo Brakes
Ford
Ford Mustang 2014 Shelby
Ford
Ford Mustang 2007-2014 Shelby GT500

Wilwood Rear Brake Kit - Vehicle Compatibility Listing

BRAKE KIT:
AERO4 Big Brake Rear Parking Brake Kit
REAR END:
Mustang 05-up - Rear Kit
AXLE OFFSET:

VEHICLE MAKE
VEHICLE MODELS
Ford
Ford Mustang 2007-2009 All, Except Shelby GT500
Ford
Ford Mustang 2008 All, Except Shelby GT500 & Bullit
Ford
Ford Mustang 2014 Base
Ford
Ford Mustang 2005-2013 Base Models
Ford
Ford Mustang 2012-2013 Boss 302
Ford
Ford Mustang 2008 Bullit
Ford
Ford Mustang 2005-2013 GT Models
Ford
Ford Mustang 2011-2012 GT Models w/ Performance Brakes
Ford
Ford Mustang 2011-2012 GT Models w/o Performance Brakes
Ford
Ford Mustang 2014 GT w/ Brembo Brakes
Ford
Ford Mustang 2014 GT w/o Brembo Brakes
Ford
Ford Mustang 2014 Shelby
Ford
Ford Mustang 2007-2014 Shelby GT500

Last edited:

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Nice find, @Vinnie_B. Makes me wonder (again) why SAI refused to sell them to me at an even higher price point when I upgraded a few years ago. (All I wanted was the same deal they gave a friend.) When they refused, I bought the same set with Wilwood branding from one of their resellers for the even cheaper price you found here.

FWIW, @1 Alibi 2, I agree with @Vinnie_B - since your wheels clear the stock brakes, you should have no trouble with them clearing this setup.

Something to note is the issue I encountered with the setup's less-than-functional parking brake. Aside from that, I'm happy with the setup which looks great and works well.

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Nice find, @Vinnie_B. Makes me wonder (again) why SAI refused to sell them to me at an even higher price point when I upgraded a few years ago. (All I wanted was the same deal they gave a friend.) When they refused, I bought the same set with Wilwood branding from one of their resellers for the even cheaper price you found here.

FWIW, @1 Alibi 2, I agree with @Vinnie_B - since your wheels clear the stock brakes, you should have no trouble with them clearing this setup.

Something to note is the issue I encountered with the setup's less-than-functional parking brake. Aside from that, I'm happy with the setup which looks great and works well.
Thats incredible @Norton if you found these cheaper than what SAI is parting them out for right now. Ive never seen them this cheap!! These are what are installed currently on the SS and come with the SS package. I just couldnt pass on this sale at this price. What I may do with this set is convert them to carbon ceramic if wilwood drops the price on the carbon ceramic rotors. I cant justify spending over 15K for ceramic rotors and pcm brake pads to drop 30 pounds off the brakes. If not just keep them for future replacement!

Last edited:

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Thats incredible @Norton if you found these cheaper than what SAI is parting them out for right now. Ive never seen them this cheap!! These are what are installed currently on the SS and come with the SS package. I just couldnt pass on this sale at this price. What I may do with this set is convert them to carbon ceramic if wilwood drops the price on the carbon ceramic rotors. I cant justify spending over 15K for ceramic rotors and pcm brake pads to drop 30 pounds off the brakes. If not just keep them for future replacement!
Apologies if I my phrasing was unclear. I got mine for the same price you found here, which is less than my friend paid when he bought them from SAI...
Nice find, @Vinnie_BI bought the same set with Wilwood branding from one of their resellers for the even cheaper price you found here.
Your find matches the best price I've seen, but yours are Shelby-branded, while mine have Wilwood branding. Again, yours is a great find, even if it makes me mad at SAI all over again. :(

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Apologies if I my phrasing was unclear. I got mine for the same price you found here, which is less than my friend paid when he bought them from SAI...

Your find matches the best price I've seen, but yours are Shelby-branded, while mine have Wilwood branding. Again, yours is a great find, even if it makes me mad at SAI all over again. :(
At one time wilwood also offered an option to laser engrave "Shelby" on the calipers with varied color options. I dont believe they offer this anymore. It was like 100 bucks. Baer are the best IMO but at this sale price going with wilwood is a no brainer. Im still determined to go carbon ceramic thou. 33lbs less of unsprung weight from the brakes alone is significant, but at 15K.........:oops:. Dropping sprung/unsprung weight off these S197'S is very expensive!!! But do able in increments if you can find deals!!

Last edited:

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member

The 2013 Red Candy white striped SS that was thrown out for marketing by SA;

• Forged Shelby / Wildwood brakes with 6 piston fronts and 4 piston rear calipers and cross drilled / vented rotors

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
At one time wilwood also offered an option to laser engrave "Shelby" on the calipers with varied color options. I dont believe they offer this anymore. It was like 100 bucks.
That would have been great when I bought mine. I asked, but they were "unable" to do any Shelby logos. (Probably a licensing thing...)

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
That would have been great when I bought mine. I asked, but they were "unable" to do any Shelby logos. (Probably a licensing thing...)
I know for a fact it was offered from wilwood I personally seen it on the site. I wanna say it was about 2 years ago! I agree that some kick backs were probably being requested so they dropped that option. I checked yesterday again on the wilwood site and its no longer a option.

1 Alibi 2

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
The 2013 Red Candy white striped SS that was thrown out for marketing by SA;

• Forged Shelby / Wildwood brakes with 6 piston fronts and 4 piston rear calipers and cross drilled / vented rotors

Things to do on a Sunday afternoon, thanks to your post, was able to place that $ 3,844.91 order.
Thought $ 339.33 for shipping was a bit much, special Shelby rate, but did beat my state tax.
...............................Thanks..

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member

I think I was the first to encounter the H9 front backspacing vs. the 13-14 Brembo OEM front calipers. From memory, the 13-14 received the Wilwoods as part of the SS package so that means they would clear AND you wouldn't need the front spacer anymore.

Tom

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Things to do on a Sunday afternoon, thanks to your post, was able to place that $ 3,844.91 order.
Thought $ 339.33 for shipping was a bit much, special Shelby rate, but did beat my state tax.
...............................Thanks..
That's ridiculous! As I recall, free shipping was part of the deal and I paid no sales tax from the out-of-state reseller when I bought mine, so total (parts) cost was "only" ~$3.5K.

BTW, these are the install instructions, if anyone needs them...

Attachments

• 140-10830-DR Assembly Instructions.pdf
    307.5 KB · Views: 59
  • 140-10950-DR Assembly Instructions.pdf
    503 KB · Views: 64
  • 330-12335 Assembly Instructions.pdf
    253.9 KB · Views: 55
  • Brake Pad & Rotor Bedding.pdf
    47 KB · Views: 50

1 Alibi 2

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I think I was the first to encounter the H9 front backspacing vs. the 13-14 Brembo OEM front calipers. From memory, the 13-14 received the Wilwoods as part of the SS package so that means they would clear AND you wouldn't need the front spacer anymore.

Tom
I remember reading your post, & asked Modulare about it prior to ordering, & was told a spacer was no longer needed, which turned out to be true..

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
That's ridiculous! As I recall, free shipping was part of the deal and I paid no sales tax from the out-of-state reseller when I bought mine, so total (parts) cost was "only" ~$3.5K.

BTW, these are the install instructions, if anyone needs them...
SAI got me for $336.00 in Shipping as well. Total came to $3,842. Its the shipping weight that is the problem. Nearly 100lbs in brake parts!! Still 24% savings off retail price from SAI W/shelby logo. Still a.....Win Win in my mathmatical calculations. They still have 2 sets each in both colors for the Front/Rear as of 5:15 am eastern time. There is still time to get in on this bargain @Norton

Users who are viewing this thread