Sale on Sears Aluminum Jack

PhillyCobra

Established Member
Heads up for people looking for an aluminum jack to take to the track-- the Craftsman 4000 pound racing jack is on sale until the 11th, marked down from $200 to $170. It appears better made than the common $130 lower rated aluminum jacks, and you can get extra discounts (I just got another 10% off for shopping before 10AM and another 10% from an online coupon as a member of the Craftsman Club). It cost me $137.

The jack is very well finished and sturdy (but unfortunately still made in China!) It fits easily under the sides of the car to use my SFC's to lift. It also fits under the front air dam to lift the whole front with the K member. It just barely fits though, and you have to start lifting with short strokes because of the air dam interfering with the handle. Don't try to lift the whole front with a jack rated at 2000 or 2500 pounds!

Web site is:

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&pid=00950239000&vertical=TOOL

badboy

Done with it!
Established Member
I just got a very nice aluminum jack at Costco for $120. Worth a look if you are in the market.

Oh Three Cobra

Established Member
I've used the sears one. Works very well for the price. I've had problems with the cheepers ones. Mainly when one decided to fail and damaged the underside of a car I was working on.

04TRCobra

KING
Established Member
last year i bought a craftsman hydraulic floor jack for around 169.99.... it can lift 3 1/2 tons (7k lbs)!!!

its black and yellow.

not aluminum tho...it probably weighs about 90lbs.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
04TRCobra said:
last year i bought a craftsman hydraulic floor jack for around 169.99.... it can lift 3 1/2 tons (7k lbs)!!! its black and yellow. not aluminum tho...it probably weighs about 90lbs.
Mine is similar. Seems to have the same minimum clearance as the aluminum jack because it barely fit under my front air dam as well. Works good, though.

Costco, by the way, does occasionally have great deals on things like this. Only problem is they don't care the same items all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread